Finally beths main brain scan results

Dude i totally missed that you also have a little boy.
This must be very hard on him also, with Bethany having all the attention. Especially if he doesn't understand the reasons why. I can see he is probably old enough though.

I truly hope we raise enough to get Bethany the MRI scan and maybe have enough left over to treat her and Brandon to a day out, to the zoo or something. Anything to take your minds off it for even just a day.

You're a soldier, sir, and i'm in complete admiration of your strength.

Only just recently picked up on Skywalkers story having seen Gillys donation thread. As a parent myself it has left me with a lump in my throat as I read. Only thing is to keep positive dude. Your wee lass is as cute as a button and I wish her all the good luck she needs to beat this. Heading over to donate now.

I'm not sure which thread Skywalker will read first, but if its this one, I will reiterate what I posted in the other.

I have a few business contacts with private healthcare providers that I can speak to about organising a scan, or finding out the cost should needs be. Although, I am guessing Bethany's consultant will have their own. My mum's consultant at Kings in London (Prof Colchester) had his own and because she was his patient is was a lot quicker.

Worded differently from other thread, ho hum

Little did I expect to be in tears this morning, but after reading this thread and the donations one, I am. In sadness and joy at the same time.

Mr Skywalker, Bethany could not have got a better father than you, we're all very proud of you. Thank you for letting us help Beth :) Nowhere you come across as asking for help, let alone begging. It's just something we want to do for you and your family.

I recently had an MRI under bupa in leeds. The cost was £350 and I got it done within 10 days. It was for my leg (torn cruciate) but I would imagine the costs are similar no matter what is being scanned.

Best wishes to you all.

Last edited:
I recently had an MRI under bupa in leeds. The cost was £350 and I got it done within 10 days. It was for my leg (torn cruciate) but I would imagine the costs are similar no matter what is being scanned.

Best wishes to you all.

It depends on the type of scan and the number of areas needed. If Skywalker would be kind enough to advise the type of scan needed I will find out.

It depends on the type of scan and the number of areas needed. If Skywalker would be kind enough to advise the type of scan needed I will find out.

Good morning , - From what I can remember it was something about a slice brain scan , He did say they wouldnt be able to do it here in Brighton and would have to be done at Kings due to his machine being special

Good morning , - From what I can remember it was something about a slice brain scan , He did say they wouldnt be able to do it here in Brighton and would have to be done at Kings due to his machine being special

That is true. I have spoken to a business contact at Argent Rehabilitation which is one of the countries leading healthcare providers and he advised that the South is covered only at Kings because of the nature of the scan and the level of complexity in it. The estimated price he gave given the limited information I could give him would be around the £800 mark.

Hopefully this gives us some indication of a target to work towards.

Can't deny I almost cried when reading this, and many of your other posts; I have a little girl myself who's just turned two, and I don't know how I'd deal with this, you have my admiration and respect and I truly hope that bethany gets the help and resolution that she deserves :(

Reading this has really brought a lump to my throat; a cruel twist of fate and an agonising situation that every parent dreads. She is a beautiful little girl, and with the strength you have shown so far I'm sure she has a fighting chance. I wish Beth, Skywalker and the rest of family the very best.

Hi Skywalker

Man, i didnt even see the 1st post about your little girl. All I can say is keep strong for her and your partner. I remember having to take my little girl (Hannah) to hospital because of a back problem. It tears at your heart like nothing else, hannah's was a minor problem compared to your girls though, so I can only imagine.

Its at time like these you really have to look at the OCUK forums and just think WOW, what a great bunch. Im sure just reading these posts have helped you feel a little less alone.

One thing I would suggest is to get onto your mortgage company and try to sort out a payment holiday, i did this while saving for my wedding. Im not sure if your provider can do this but it may be possible, so worth a try.

On the point about accepting some help from the OCUK members, m8 I know it is tough but you have to concentrate on your family, money worries ontop of that will only make it harder. Besides, these bunch of geeks (myself included) think nothing about spending silly amounts on games, hardware, RC cars and so on.

Good luck m8 and keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom