Finally got my dream car :)

Was this the one on JM Imports a few days ago?

Nope, they import from Japan mostly, mine is a UK spec car, one of only 80, hense the leather interior.

Congrats on dream car, looks really clean!

Nice garage also :D

thanks! took me 2 months to get it looking like that, it was a state when I moved in, had a partition wall up, the back was a room and the front was a dirty *** builders storage area. Now it looks like a lab! a big white box to keep my car in, I also needed enough space for a work area where I could have my lathe and mill. Took a long time to find a house with a big enough garage in my budget.

15.JPG

I don't think I would leave the garage if I had one like that. I would always find an excuse to apply another coat of wax *sobs*

Had a genuine LOL about the armless lesbian metaphor :D

He also got the computers mixed up, it's the HICAS that screws up the handling (controls rear wheel steering around bends - yeap Rear Wheel Steering!) rather than the ATTESSA which controls power distribution back and forth which is actually pretty good.

The HICAS is locked out with a physical bar by lots of owners as it's not really suited to "road" driving and designed for maximum attack on the track. When you turn into a bend it feels like the back end is very loose, then mid corner it swaps to understeer the on exit it's back to loose/oversteer again, hateful thing it is!

Even though mine was the RWD version of the R34 the HICAS is still the same. When I went in GTR's they all felt as tail happy in the bends as my RWD version except for initial grip/acceleration of the line.

Now having got a *proper* 4WD system in my Audi which has zero tail happiness I can see how the grippy the GTR should have been (and the R35 is!)

I'd still absolutely love one if I won the lottery though, phenomenal cars!

Last edited:
Seriously nice work with the garage!

I thought it looked special from that first picture but inside, wow!

Thanks, some pics from when I first started work on it:

04.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

Took me a long time to get all that sorted!

Regarding the 4ws/hicas, ive heard a few people say its crap and a few say its good. Another thing I heard also is the ball joints for the rear steering can get loose over time and need replacing otherwise you end up with the rear wheels moving a bit on their own. The guy who owned it took me out for a test drive and threw it into some bends at massive speed, tbh I have never experienced such G force in a corner and it all seemed totally under control, it just gripped and got on with it! which put my worries of the hicas system out of my mind. Im never going to drive it at those sort of speeds, too many coppers about round here and you do rather paint a bullseye on your forehead when you go out in this thing.

Back
Top Bottom