Finally the Jeremy Kyle show has been axed, 14 years too late.

V F

V F

Soldato
That's still around - once a year!

Although tbh that got boring over time.

The problem with ITV is they keep these long running shows on year-in year-out, X-factor/BGT should have been canned years ago.

All the main channels are beyond boring. It's either lame game shows or talent shows with no talent. Yet somehow I always hear the masses rave about the talent shows. The only somewhat decent game show I've seen if I'm in a friends house etc is, The Chase.

Soldato
All the main channels are beyond boring. It's either lame game shows or talent shows with no talent. Yet somehow I always hear the masses rave about the talent shows. The only somewhat decent game show I've seen if I'm in a friends house etc is, The Chase.

You don't like Pointless? That's my guilty pleasure

Soldato
2lxjec4.jpg

Soldato
Problem for ITV is that if you take their never shrinking library of talent shows they'd literally have nothing left going on for them. It's basically 50/50 talent shows or crap like Love Island.

Hasn't Love Island resulted in more suicides than the JK Show?

I don't really care - if people want to watch things like this then someone will make them. ITV would hardly get any viewers at all if they were the 50th channel on the list instead of the 3rd.

Soldato
Hasn't Love Island resulted in more suicides than the JK Show?

I don't really care - if people want to watch things like this then someone will make them. ITV would hardly get any viewers at all if they were the 50th channel on the list instead of the 3rd.

Yeah think 2 people have ended themselves over that show. Guess that’s what happens when you get made into a Z list celebrity for a few weeks with the social media world caring about your every move until you’re a nobody again

Soldato
The scum bags he lays into deserve it in every instance I've seen, not sure why people think it's a bad thing? I'd happily do his job for free

V F

V F

Soldato
The scum bags he lays into deserve it in every instance I've seen, not sure why people think it's a bad thing? I'd happily do his job for free

Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Soldato
I never liked it and made my Mrs turn the TV over a few times when she had it on. However, I think it's an overreaction to cancel it based on what I've heard, can't be the full story tbh.

Soldato
Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

I appreciate the Lord of the Rings quote, I'd definitely be more reserved in handing out death, I don't think the chap who killed himself deserved to die; but equally I don't think telling a cheater/drug dealer that they're a bit of a scum bag is the worst thing in the world.

Associate
Somebody killing themselves after going on the telly and it going sideways is hardly new. Surprised this show was kept on after hosting Mick Philpott and him going on to killing his entire family.

Soldato
Why hasn't Love Island been cancelled? I demand it be cancelled. Two people have died because they went on it.

Why? I dunno, let's call it racist (even though it isn't), that's how this all works isn't it?

I've got a dangerously increasing level of cynicism for the world I live in. It's ****ed. But I can't decide what's better, these shows actually existed, and ran for years, or that they are only now being cancelled for crap reasons. I've realised I don't actually care, I have nothing to contribute.

Back
Top Bottom