Firefox 4.0 available to download. Official Release tomorrow

I just updated and text now appears to be less clear than before. Almost like its lower res or something. I dont know if thats down to TwentyTen not working any more.

out of ff4 and ie9 what is best for security ?

or is this type of thing not as much a problem now across all browsers if you use common sense?

thanks

It's not a problem but exploits are found every now and then and take longer to patch from MS as they usually roll them out once a month on Patch Tuesdays.

Saying that, the recent pwn2own event where browsers are hacked for prizes found nobody championing Chrome or Firefox....

The solution is simples:

hardwareacceleration.png

out of ff4 and ie9 what is best for security ?

or is this type of thing not as much a problem now across all browsers if you use common sense?

thanks

i have never had a problem with security on any of the ie`s
most of the security problems do come with the word "maybe" in the text
so to 99% of us there never going to be a problem and are just scare mongering and ie bashing i say
and as you say common sense goes a long way also

Last edited:
i`ll stick with ie9
doesnt seem to be any faster then ie9 to me
doesnt open pages any faster here, maybe if i had lots of tabs open that my change?

beach were you been lol ie9 has been out since last week

Speed should not be the only metric.

Try security! Chrome and Firefox were left unhacked at the last PWN 2 OWN.

Security vulnerabilites get patched much much quicker in Firefox than they do with IE.....

I quite like this.

Feels a bit more like Chrome than Firefox but its got a few things I prefer so I will be using it from here on in!

Speed should not be the only metric.

Try security! Chrome and Firefox were left unhacked at the last PWN 2 OWN.

Security vulnerabilities get patched much much quicker in Firefox than they do with IE.....

the ie`s vulnerabilities are " you maybe open to attack" and not you will be attacked.
so most if not all will never happen
most of us have nothing to fear from them but they make good reading in the internet press, more to do with bashing MS that a real threat to me using ie

Back
Top Bottom