Firefox 4.0 available to download. Official Release tomorrow

the ie`s vulnerabilities are " you maybe open to attack" and not you will be attacked.
so most if not all will never happen
most of us have nothing to fear from them but they make good reading in the internet press, more to do with bashing MS that a real threat to me using ie

I get what your saying, but why compromise?

Firefox and Chrome are proactive about their security. MS, would leave and have left vulnerabilities unpatched for a long time...

Just one out of 1000's of examples is the latest patch Tuesday this month, microsoft left out a MHTML vulnerability, which they chose not to patch, even tho, it is actively being exploited in the wild.

If this was open source, some one would just patch it, and done.

Last edited:
For people having the fuzzy font, I had this problem as well. I found a setting in about:config about using Directwrite, and enabled that, and it's now much better.

For people having the fuzzy font, I had this problem as well. I found a setting in about:config about using Directwrite, and enabled that, and it's now much better.

gfx.font_rendering.directwrite.enabled

Default value is false, true it and restart :)

GPU accaleration helps overall speed up load times and rendering so it's worth keeping it on tbh if you can help it :)

I cant use the mouse wheel to scroll though the tabs any more :(. Was it one of my disabled extensions that allowed me to do that or can it be done without an extension?

With all this talk of GPU accelerated browsing, it is annoying that it makes the text blurry in both FF4 and IE9.

It is not related to your own specific AA settings set within your GFX card control panel?
I haven't experienced the issue with IE9, but many have, I told that was the reason.

Just noticed a new feature. If you right-click on a non-clickable link it lets you open the link, instead of having to manually copy/paste the link into the address bar.

I know there were plugins for this, but it's nice to see it included.

Perfectly fine for me on the ATI page.

Another neat feature is Paste and Go, copy a URL, right click the URL bar and you have paste and go!

I have status bar autohidden so when I hover over it it shows up. Nice :)

I forgot to mention - this is green with the default value for gfx.font.directwhatever.enabled

With it set to the non-default value, the text isn't green, but isn't smooth either.

Both fine for me.

I have installed the Microsoft DirectWrite update from a while back though.

Back
Top Bottom