Firefox 4.0 available to download. Official Release tomorrow

Rapport security does not support FF4 yet until they release an update, so will not be using as my main browser yet.

Not sure if Rapport makes any difference but my bank always asks for it if i have not got it installed so its easier to have it.

Im quite liking IE9 too just still not sure what tracking protection list i should use?

Yes wee bit look like Chrome when you switch off the Menu bar then you find orange bar on top left side... but i look nicely and quite run fast.. find out the Firefox 5 when it come out but may same as Fx4... wait and see anyway Ive installed Opera 11.10 mobile in my Samsung Galaxy S and it has Flash that good one (for PC seem quite nicely as well). Next Windows 8 will get new IE10 in few years time so the browsers war are still development new version...

I have no idea what version of Firefox I'm actually running. I was running the RC, then it updated about a week ago, I think, and since then has just called itself 'Firefox 4.0' in the 'about' screen, though it does say that its up to date. This may seem like a silly question, but is this actually the full release?

help please , updated to Firefox 4 ( pc is win xp 32 bit) and it will not start at all, several entries is task manager but even with one running it would not start.

had to revert to 3.5 and guess what....it works, so can someone please advise on why this brand new spanking browser will not start as 3.5 will ?

btw with the new 4.0, zone alarm says there were multiple entries compared to thew previous version for frefox only showing two.
even with allowing every entry access rights it would not start thus my need to revert to a older version of firefox.

help please , updated to Firefox 4 ( pc is win xp 32 bit) and it will not start at all, several entries is task manager but even with one running it would not start.

had to revert to 3.5 and guess what....it works, so can someone please advise on why this brand new spanking browser will not start as 3.5 will ?

btw with the new 4.0, zone alarm says there were multiple entries compared to thew previous version for frefox only showing two.
even with allowing every entry access rights it would not start thus my need to revert to a older version of firefox.

If your having such issues, I would unistall your old firefox, delete the mozilla folder in program files and then install firefox 4 fresh of the website.

(Download FF4 before uninstalling 3, otherwise, your have to fire up the swiss cheese of browsers IE!)

will try this- thanks.

only big qwuestion..will this delte all my settings, bookmarks and passwrds stuff ?

Yes :p

But there is salvation! Before uninstalling, grab the following:

Code:
C:\Users\[B]yourname[/B]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[B]prfilename[/B]

Bookmarks are stored in:
\bookmarkbackups
Import the latest .json via Show All Bookmarks after.

Passwords are stored in the file:
signons.sqlite
Just paste that back after the reinstall and replace the existing and then start Firefox.

You could copy the other sqlite files as well as they store various data but the above are the main ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom