Firefox 4.0 available to download. Official Release tomorrow

Tabs are completely broken for me. :(

Closing blank tabs results in this...

FYds2.png

And closing other tabs sometimes makes them unresponsive but still appearing. :confused:

edit: Meh, might've been the theme I was using.

Session Saver is good, just do a search on addons site from mozilla :p

On Firefox 4, its nice, some tweaks I hate.

Also, some of my favourite addons from my 3.x version haven't made the leap to 'next gen' yet.

The most annoying and inconvienient of these being Delicious...

About:config and create a new boolean entry called
Code:
extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0

And set its value to false. Install your old extensions as most should work just fine :)

EDIT: Beat by Khaaan.

Is there a decent add on for saving a session, a la opera? A quick search for "save session" revealed only garbage.

Not used opera in a long time but you can have it remember the tabs you had open when you close the program, but I think tab groups (ctrl+shift+E) is closer to what you're looking for.

Looked too minimal when I first installed it. Some re-arranging, and I prefer it - I just hate that little tab on the bottom left that pops up when it's loading a webpage. :mad:

This bugs me, right clicking a link, the top option used to be "open in new window", now they've switched that with "open in new tab".

I keep opening new windows by accident, a tiny thing, but I'll need to readapt my automatic mouse movements toward the top option now.

Is 4.0 for Windows 7 only? I was prompted to download 3.6 something earlier but Im still on XP :o
Got that too on someone else's laptop, upgraded to 3.6.16 then upgraded to 4

Anyone know if you can have the drop down bookmarks button on the left of the address bar and the bookmarks toolbar showing at the same time?

I can have one or the other but not both it seems..... :/

Anybody elses graphic card fans started spinning higher since installing FF4, while doing normal (OcUK, Google) browsing? I suppose GPU acceleration is enabled somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom