Firefox 4.0 available to download. Official Release tomorrow

Got that too on someone else's laptop, upgraded to 3.6.16 then upgraded to 4

Anyone know if you can have the drop down bookmarks button on the left of the address bar and the bookmarks toolbar showing at the same time?

I can have one or the other but not both it seems..... :/

like so?

just customize the toolbar, drag the "bookmarks toolbar items" where you want. But then also drag the bookmarks icon (from the pop up window of customize) to the left of the address bar

Last edited:
Im using ff 4.0 too now, and to be honnest its not much diff to ff 3.6 accept a bit faster and smoother. Plus I prefer my buddystata theme, but it dont look right in ff 4.0, so because of that I prefer 3.6

like so?

just customize the toolbar, drag the "bookmarks toolbar items" where you want. But then also drag the bookmarks icon (from the pop up window of customize) to the left of the address bar

Yeah you have to customise your buttons and stuff again, I managed to get rid of the orange button with a addon:D

image1hzx.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah you have to customise your buttons and stuff again, I managed to get rid of the orange button with a addon:D

*image snip*
yeah kinda like that, but, if i'm being fussy, i'd like the bookmarks button on the toolbar, between the address bar and home button. :p

2ep3iww.png

...and yeah, the orange button is such a bad choice of colour!

yeah kinda like that, but, if i'm being fussy, i'd like the bookmarks button on the toolbar, between the address bar and home button. :p

Ive just tried putting my bookmark button there, and It stayput untill you click done in the customise window, then it shoots off to the end of the 2nd row.:D:mad:

Last edited:
Im quite astonished how much of a leap FF4 is over FF3.6.

However, the font issue with version 4 and Windows 7 is something they should have solved out of the box.

There should be no need for work arounds!

Luckily for me, my internet browsing machine is a XP pc, which is fine. But on my Win7 pc, the fonts are blurry!

Why wasnt this solved during the development of the browser? :confused:

I found this whole thread on the problem.

Hopefully this is something that will get patched.

Last edited:
Bit of an annoyance, anyone know how to disable the information bar?
Keeps coming up at the bottom right/left whenever I hover over a link, stating the site itself, or whenever I go to a site :confused:

Didn't come up on my previous version of firefox for some reason. :o
I know it's pretty minor but it kinda annoys me

Woops, didn't see it there, either way thank you :)

So I've been updating the dark theme a little more tonight, tweaked a few things I've been wanting to fix for a while and also added a lot of new nicer looking icons around the place (including new stars :D ):

706317542.jpg

So I've been updating the dark theme a little more tonight, tweaked a few things I've been wanting to fix for a while and also added a lot of new nicer looking icons around the place (including new stars :D ):

706317542.jpg

How do you get the black background on ocuk? Does all sites have the black background?

Back
Top Bottom