Firefox 4.0 available to download. Official Release tomorrow

So I've been updating the dark theme a little more tonight, tweaked a few things I've been wanting to fix for a while and also added a lot of new nicer looking icons around the place (including new stars :D ):

cheeky request... can you update

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/images/statusicon/thread_dot_new.gif

as well. it's still the "old" style and looks out of place. :p

ocuk%20icon%20css.png

and thanks for all your work on it already. :)

Anyone with 6900 series graphics cards not hvaing hardware acceleration?

About:support
Adapter DescriptionAMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Vendor ID1002
Device ID6719
Adapter RAM2048
Adapter Drivers aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx32 aticfx32 aticfx32 atiumd64 atidxx64 atidxx64 atiumdag atidxx32 atidxx32 atiumdva atiumd6a atitmm64
Driver Version8.821.0.0
Driver Date1-26-2011
Direct2D EnabledBlocked on your graphics card because of unresolved driver issues.
DirectWrite Enabledtrue (6.1.7600.16385, font cache n/a)
WebGL Renderer(WebGL unavailable)
GPU Accelerated Windows0/1

Using latest 11.2 drivers.

I do belive however that removeing the check for update feature, is not good, for the general user.

A non techy person, is not going to guess that clicking on the about menue option is potentially going to engage the auto check for update feature..

that's what i remember being said about 3.0 compared to 2.x

can't imagine getting much faster on a decent well maintained pc but i'm sure that'll be what's said with the next version

Well from what I'v experienced on my aged P4 Win xp pc, websites which I thought where slow, where just Firefox 3.6 being slow.

Now, things load much faster.

Try it, and your definetly notice the speed bump.

Updates will show in your addons tab, however the update options don't work 100% with styles that have optional features on the site =/

Is the max-width option worth the hassle?
Personally i change it anyway. :)

EDIT: Just updated, Now i have black text on a black background. :(

ibampy.png

Back
Top Bottom