Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
I got a delivery from Pono Burger in West Hollywood last night :cool: :D

Pitman Family Farms Chicken Nuggets 9 Breaded Mary’s organic chicken breast, carrot sticks, Kona Coffee Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Piku “Fig” 15 Drunken fig jam, brie cheese, Niman Ranch bacon, toasted hazelnuts, baby kale, balsamic vinaigrette
Hand Cut Russet Potato Fries 5 VEG Organic russet potato, citrus aioli (French inspired, tossed with finely chopped organic fresh thyme & organic parsley, kosher salt, served to order piping hot)
Straus Family Creamery Organic Vanilla Milkshake
Hnnnggg. It was damn good.

Soldato
Tried out the new Honest Burger for lunch in Cambridge today. Good, but didn't turn my burger world upside down. For actual patty flavour I think Steak and Honour and Butch Annies have them. It came across as being quite similar to byron's, but with a smaller menu. Service was good (for the first week of opening) they made a few mistakes but were quick to rectify them. The chips made a change from the standard french fries. Bacon gravy was a novelty but I'm not sure I'd order it again. I suspect I'll be back when a specific special catches my eye.

The brunch looks epic however but they only serve it on a Sat or Sun morning.

Where do you guys prefer the pickles, salad etc to go in the burger, is it above or under the patty?

If it suits the burger I like it in the the bun, but a fat pickle on the side is always welcome as well.

Associate
The worst burger I've ever had was at a Five Guys in Bristol. Horrible overpriced food, a long wait, and a noisy uncomfortable place to eat.

The best was in a Byron's in Newcastle. Loved the courgette fries too.

I'm alsopartial to a BK double whopper - but that's a more standard chain food.

And this isn't quite 'fine dining', but the burgers in Morrison's supermarket cafes are pretty good and great value too!

Associate
I can recommend Blazin Burger in St.Neots , Cambridgeshire. They do gluten free burgers and buns if your in to that. Also they do milkshakes with booze in them so that and added bonus. I can recommend the Moco Loco (Mature Cheddar, Lantern Chillies, charcoal grilled fresh pineapple & mayo) or So Sheepish (Minced lamb burger, Halloumi cheese, harissa mayo, rocket.

YUM!

Associate
you should have taken the 10 minute walk to three brothers burgers.

I agree - there's loads of decent places nearby (though anywhere would have been getter than Five Guys imho).

I was in the area on business, needed a quick meal and was enticed by all of the Five Guys hype. What a major disappointment. I was really angry at how poor the food was. I didn't complain as that just seemed to be representative of what other people were eating.

Man of Honour
I still haven't been, I just cant get over the price for fast food and how loud and annoying the place is. Walk past it and go to wagammas instead if I need to eat in the circus.

Associate
Went to the Southampton 7bone with my friends and the burger had good flavour to it. However, I thought the burgers were bit on the small side and the sides they did were not that great.

Also took advantage of the 2 for 1 cocktails so cant say for sure how good the burgers actually are as I had 2 and a half very strong cocktails to an empty stomach before the food arrived...

Would go again though.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I visited the Liverpool St Patty & Bun again. This was overall a much nicer experience. The burger was as good as last time. The staff were friendly, the lady came out from behind the counter to help us find a spot to sit by asking others to rearrange slightly. The waiter bringing the burgers out was very attentive. Importantly, the music was at a much more acceptable level i.e I could have a conversation without shouting.

Associate
Went to Byron last night, haven't been for a couple of years. Had the Kimcheese, which was Korean BBQ glaze, fredder cheese, crispy onions, kimchi cucumbers, Gochuchang sauce and Ssamjang mayo. Very decent burger indeed, not quite Honest or P&B level but better than any other chain I've been to.

Soldato
Hi guys!

I'm off to London on Wednesday for the day and will be working from Friars Bridge Court near Southwark Tube station. Are there any good burger places you can recommend near here I could grab some lunch from? If not I know there is a 5 Guys near KGX I can hit as I'm on an open return ticket so don't have to rush to jump on a train :)

TIA.

Soldato
Hi guys!

I'm off to London on Wednesday for the day and will be working from Friars Bridge Court near Southwark Tube station. Are there any good burger places you can recommend near here I could grab some lunch from? If not I know there is a 5 Guys near KGX I can hit as I'm on an open return ticket so don't have to rush to jump on a train :)

TIA.

The two places I recommend would be Patty and Bun or Honest Burger, unfortunately I think the closest ones are about a 30 minute walk away, Honest Burger has a place in Covent Garden and Patty and Pun have a place in Soho which I believe are the closest to where you will be. Hopefully a proper Londoner will be able to help you.

Edit - There is a Byron just down the road from Southwark station which IMO is better than Five Guys if you don't want to go to far from where you are.

Back
Top Bottom