Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I might be more inclined to try the Honest Burger at KGX as Five Guys and Byron are becoming increasingly more common so would be nice to try something I can't grab up North.

Soldato
The two places I recommend would be Patty and Bun or Honest Burger, unfortunately I think the closest ones are about a 30 minute walk away, Honest Burger has a place in Covent Garden and Patty and Pun have a place in Soho which I believe are the closest to where you will be. Hopefully a proper Londoner will be able to help you.

Edit - There is a Byron just down the road from Southwark station which IMO is better than Five Guys if you don't want to go to far from where you are.

There's an Honest Burger near Kings Cross too :)

Soldato
Has anyone managed to have an 'Impossible Burger'?

There are only in a few places in the states at the moment and made from 100% plant but look, take and cook like beef.

Soldato
Not in meadowhall, as it just looks to be a small stand.

There's a large restaurant in Centretainment, 5 minutes away from Meadowhall, that i go to if i need a semi-decent burger fix.

Went and had a look yesterday but decided to have burger king instead, first ever time I've seen a burger king drive through!

I didn't go inside but do they do meals to takeaway too?

Soldato
Just had five guys for dinner (lol) was nice, preferred the hotdog to the burger, also cost me £18 for burger, chips, drink and a hotdog. Won't be going again anytime soon :p

Soldato
Burger and a hot dog? :eek:

I hit Dirty Bones last night after watching Alien. Had "The Burger" which was damn good! Unfortunately for me it was cold, so I complained and got it taken off the bill. But it was really nice! :p

Brisket & dry aged steak burger with black treacle bacon, gorgonzola sauce, pickled jalapeños, baby spinach and chipotle aioli
:cool:

Associate
New 7Bone in Reading has my definite approval. Good burger, tasty Frickles and delicious beer. What more could you want? They even do table service rather than this order at the bar and pay there rubbish.

Soldato
Stumbled, literally, into the Newbury 7 Bone yesterday after spending the day drinking at the races. Ronalds Revenge plus truffled mac and cheese. I was drunk, but it was absolutely delicious.

Caporegime
New 7Bone in Reading has my definite approval. Good burger, tasty Frickles and delicious beer. What more could you want? They even do table service rather than this order at the bar and pay there rubbish.

My favourite (chain), good to hear their quality is still good after they expanded as I went to their original place in Southampton 4+ years ago and it's still my fav burgers.

Associate
Tried Honest Burger in Soho last night based on recommendations from this thread. Got the day's special which came with (rosemary-flavoured?) fries for 12 quid. Great burger with bacon that was super crispy - bun held right till the end. Well better than a 5 Guys one I had last week. Almost Famous still gets the nod for me, though.

Soldato
Now one is coming to Cheltenham I can finally see what all the fuss is about. A lot of of people tell me it's a fancy maccas, which is why I've always put off going there, as there are so many nice options when I travelled somewhere than has a FG.

We'll see......!

Back
Top Bottom