Folding@Home News 26th November - 3rd December 2010

Associate
Purchased a Asus P7H55-M mobo from ocuk earlier ;) not sure what im going to do with it but it has folding potential. It'll give me something to play with :D

I don't know a great deal about Intel chips so how would a i7 860 preform PPD wise ?

Last edited:
Soldato
47.. what the hell are you braiding :eek:

May I also suggest once you have all your clients up and running you give them better names that SMP 1, SMP 2, GPU 1.. etc!

Name each machine and then number the clients.

CoffeePot SMP 1
CoffeePot GPU 1
etc

Malboro SMP 1
Malboro GPU 1
etc

:p

Thats a definate on the names cheers for the input Mr SiriusB. Hopefully once i get 3 cards back from rma that'll be 24 cables for braiding plus fans etc etc etc......and a few months away until all the bits come a one of a kind box with a Bioshock theme. Now spit....what do you have up your sleeve, i know your planning something :)

I would say that is the sensible way to do it as normal A3's are a darn site quicker to finish than BigAdv units.

Yup think thats the way i will go, seems the seti munster has awoken from its sleep but its not going to poach machine 2...sorry coffee pot...away from folding :)

Man of Honour
cert-19.jpg

Soldato
Uh but Toxic you are already doing bigadv units. You only need to qualify once for bigadv

:confused: Oh dear so i am allready qualified to do it, i thought the general conscensus was that i neede to do x amount smp before i get the adv bonuses so i started doing 10 smp then i was going to go back to adv.
Soooooo am i ok to go back to adv and will i get my bonuses or should i plod along on smp....so very confusing....doh there goes another frazzled brain cell :)

:eek::eek::eek: 29 million thats positively obscene....bravo Mr Biffa :D

Last edited:
Soldato
If both your machines were crunching SMP before you decided to go bigadv, it is entirely possible you managed the 10 WUs you need.

Christ, you have folded over 700 WUs in the last 6 weeks! I suspect 10 of those might have been SMP! :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom