Folding@Home News 26th November - 3rd December 2010

Soldato
Zoikes! That was pretty good TT i chuckled i was expecting something along the lines of "handing Biffa his bacon" or am i so old no one else will get that lol.
Is ya in on the TBag 12 days of christmas thing then anyone?

Don
Stelly may decide to return at some point. Though he may fold for himself. He has plenty of clout. Possibly enough to surpass me! :eek:

If you want to fold under my username, feel free. Not stopping you! Borg-by-Consent is not frowned upon! :D Email in trust for passkey! I think loudbob should fold under me too. Give Biffa and his SR-2 a run for their money!

In fact, the whole team should fold under me for a week. See how high up the world rankings I - i mean WE - get :D

I have a plan... which I'm hoping to complete this month if all goes well, it may also involve a couple (or three) of 460s and and i5... I just need to get all my christmas shopping over with first!

I will be folding with SiriusB again as he has helped me a lot in the setup of the machines and stuffage :) I just need to actually get my arse in gear and get it all sorted :)

Stelly

Soldato
Nice to be able to give you all something to shoot for, aspirations are commendable after all :p

:) Morning Mr B how goes things with you and the MegaKillerFoldytastic build?

I have a plan... which I'm hoping to complete this month if all goes well, it may also involve a couple (or three) of 460s and and i5... I just need to get all my christmas shopping over with first!

I will be folding with SiriusB again as he has helped me a lot in the setup of the machines and stuffage :) I just need to actually get my arse in gear and get it all sorted :)

Stelly

Look forward to that Stelly if we all chip in should be quite a lark, makes no odds to me who folds as long as the science gets done! :)

Man of Honour
:) Morning Mr B how goes things with you and the MegaKillerFoldytastic build?

Gemini :)

Hopefully I won't have to rebuild it from scratch and the OS will not complain too much moving to new hardware

OK so no new pics, machine is ready for the transplant process, I just need to pick a time to do it. Hopefully this week one evening. But its bloody cold.

Soldato
Good point. Do we go sandy bridge, and pay the premium, or go i7 and pick them up cheaper . . . . Hmm . . . .

Frankly, unless SB offers amazing performance for folding, which I doubt it will, at least not right away. I'll be going the cheap 2nd hand i7 root while people switch for other err "reasons"...

Back
Top Bottom