1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****Folding@home setup guide****

Discussion in 'Team OcUK Distributed Computing Projects' started by dekez, Nov 5, 2010.

1. rickyjb

Gangster

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. ozaudio

Mobster

The hybrid version is over £100 , ill just get the air cooled version @ £50 when ocuk get them back in stock. This is also just under 3 pci slots so will work also. need to hunt down a psu capable of powering 2 cards now :D

3. rickyjb

Gangster

my folding rig is getting a low ppd for some reason its says its using core 15 , is that right ? if not how do i fix it ?

4. ozaudio

Mobster

5. ozaudio

Mobster

ive noticed quite a lot of people have had some core 15s giving low ppd over the last few days, I think they should of passed now?

6. MikeTimbers

Soldato

if client-type=beta then you will get 78xx units. If client-type=advanced there is a significant risk of getting core15 units which are rubbish.

7. ozaudio

Mobster

did you get them other coolers for the 780s rick? did they arrive quickly?

8. colinmcr

Wise Guy

When you have more that one gfx card in use (nvidia or amd), looking at the pictures above I take it you don't have them connected in Sli / xfire (with the bridge) or does it matter?

9. ozaudio

Mobster

nope , they run as a single item , they both run there owen work units :)

10. rickyjb

Gangster

yeah they both come within 3 days of ordering. getting some good over clocks with one of the cards getting to 1275 MHz stable and 1202 MHz on the other, and that's without touching the voltage. what about your cooler did you find it in stock anywhere ?

11. ozaudio

Mobster

I emailed artic and they said its no longer been made, ocuk have some others but seem very large!

12. ozaudio

Mobster

ricky are you aware that your folding rig has give up folding? not sure if its broke or not

13. rickyjb

Gangster

i switched it off for a clean of the radiators and it didn't come back to life. it was an os problem but i managed to reinstall windows and it seems to be running fine now.

edit i seem to only be getting core 15's , i made sure i set it to client-type then advanced for both gpu's

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  14. colinmcr

Wise Guy

Need help 2nd gpu

Ok guys I got my 2nd 680gtx installed. Now I'm using the latest F@H download and nvidia beta drivers 331.40

The card in gpu0 works fine but the card in gpu1 isn't showing in the dialog box or working. When I look in my system spec it is shown as being there in gpu1.

I have installed BONIC also and both cards work fine using it.

Any ideas what I need to do? Oh yes and I don't have the sli bridge connected (so can rule that out)

15. colinmcr

Wise Guy

Ah it ok guys I figured out I had to add the slot manually for the 2nd card its working now. But jeez the fan on my new gfx card is noisy ! compared to the reference one

16. Red and White

Sgarrista

ok im starting this up again after a period of absence. Do you still need to set it up for multi core processors or does the new client do everything now?

17. ozaudio

Mobster

the new client is ace and does everything for you, well most things, you still need to add the " client-type " & " advanced " on the gpu to make most of it

you will understand what I mean here.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24788107&postcount=56

18. colinmcr

Wise Guy

Encountering a problem today, Folding is running but I can't view the control window or webviewer. When I click icon in the sys tray I get no pop up.
    The screen saver pops up but that's all that I can view atm. I can't uninstall either to try getting it back to normal. I'm stumped !

*Update*

I ended up uninstalling all, including data :( and I now have access to advanced control again when I reinstalled.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  19. ozaudio

Mobster

were have you vanished to ricky :eek: lol

20. andy_taximan

Wise Guy

were has everybody gone?