1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****Folding@home setup guide****

Discussion in 'Team OcUK Distributed Computing Projects' started by dekez, Nov 5, 2010.

1. MikeTimbers

Soldato

That's with two cards? So between 115K-160K per card?

2. ozaudio

Mobster

im sure theres a post some were he said he had 125k ppd from the one card, but im sure people have said they've had upto 150k ppd

3. rickyjb

Gangster

yeah i think so, the 780 rig with cpu

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  4. ozaudio

Mobster

wont be long now till your pushing me down the list lol! seriously.... it wont be :p

5. rickyjb

Gangster

lol , i don't think so like i said the 780's will probably only see 1-2 workloads a day during the week.

my ppd has settled at around 345k for the 900D rig.
    and around 230k for the folding rig.

6. MikeTimbers

Soldato

I couldn't have a rig like that and have it not folding. I'm away from my systems most of each week but I use my local hands (kids) to re-start them where necessary. if you don't have that option, use LogMeIn or similar.

Don't worry, the bug will catch you soon and you'll feel you have to fold 24/7!

7. rickyjb

Gangster

ha that's so true i feel bad when im playing games and not folding.

8. MikeTimbers

Soldato

My kids play Minecraft, I play flash-based games like Sudoku or Pool, my wife watches TV on the computer. So why do I have 2 560Ti-448 and one normal one, plus a water-cooled 470 and I just bought a 670? Oh and I have a water-cooled 2600K.

A: Folding!

9. ozaudio

Mobster

hay mike , whats your user name as you should be over 100k ppd and cant work out who you are as every one seems to match there forum name

10. MikeTimbers

Soldato

Sorry, I don't fold for OCUK. Pre-Folding@Home there was Genome@Home and there was a team formed from alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (That's Usenet for those who don't go back that far!) and a couple of other forums to make TheGenomeCollective (team 131 so pretty early).

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=41261

11. ozaudio

Mobster

cant belive how many places ricky is shooting up !

12. rickyjb

Gangster

I've left it folding today while at work, I'm going to try and set up splashtop streamer so i can keep an eye on it.

Had some server issues yesterday with submitting wu and downloading new ones, think I lost a 29k wu

13. ozaudio

Mobster

it was the same for everybody, standford moved some servers or something along those lines, everybodys folding client gave up for a while.

14. ozaudio

Mobster

Ricky were did you get them liquid coolers for your 680s? I cant find them in England any were, im waiting for ocuk to get the Accelero Xtreme back in stock but its taking a while.

15. rickyjb

Gangster

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  16. ozaudio

Mobster

How long have you had yours? anything watercooled always makes me think before buying, if a pump brakes, your gpus naffed! are they known for braking like them corsair h100 that everybody seems to have a problem with

how much space does it use? 3 pci slot or 2 and a bit? if I can find a good cooling solution I can have another 7950 in my case.

this case isn't my current case but the same motherboard the amd 7950 is in the top slot so you can see there is 3 pci slots between gpus. ignore the gpus in the pic, they was sold 2 or so months ago now. the bottom gpu may be pushing it! not much room before it hits the psu

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  17. Combat squirrel

Sgarrista

Hey guys I have just in stalled folding at home on my PC and running it now, 2 GPU's :D I hope my small contribution helps :)

18. rickyjb

Gangster

Had mine since 1 month after the launch of the 680. Yeah I'd say it's 2 and a bit, I've got them 1 slot apart on the folding rig

19. Combat squirrel

Sgarrista

delete, wrong thread.

20. ozaudio

Mobster

nice , seems I can have 2 x 7950 after all :D:D

good on ya:D have you followed the above steps to get the huge numbers for the gpus?