Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 15th June 2006

Soldato
well back from taking a day off with the wife and baby and what do I find but a mear 78% and 60% :rolleyes: not looking at if I'm going to make today lists - hay ho just be more for next thursday first showing :cool:

As to the farm - 7 at 25% and one a 81% (answers on a post card to the unused PC) all in all quite disapointed.

But then I've a weekend of 24/7 crunch farming and the world is once again a 'happy' place.

Zip - let me know how that 805 does - in the process of building one of those systems if I can find a 05B version (so far no joy) if not going for a 930

Soldato
Admiral Huddy said:
ahh.. I see you've caught the bug already.. but all this parpage comes at a cost..i.e. electricity .. Just so you are aware my friend :)

I have, but is that going to do the job? Or will I get better VFM waiting till Conroe comes out? I'm not going to be able to afford much over £200 without Aitch noticing :o and that won't get me a Conroe mobo :(

MB

Soldato
A64 3000+ and 3200+ are to be discontinued soon, so thats off the list for a good folding node.

Who's buying us a conroe then so we can see how it folds? ;)

My power came back on early so i'm folding again. Nice clean current surge free power...

Soldato
It'll be relatively expensive i would think compared to conroe considering its the same core.
From a price and overclocking point of view its usually cheaper to get two separate boards and cpu's rather than a server board and server cpu's.
What socket is it?

Soldato
Yes, i'm afraid the Tech Report is a competitor, they are 8th in folding. ;)

Will they go in normal desktop boards?
Might find they overclock better than conroe being server parts.

Back
Top Bottom