Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 15th June 2006

Soldato
Hmm i never knew about the ocuk vs ***** feud. Not too sure what that had to do with the seti team leaving either...

Edit: I might have guessed it would be censored.

Soldato
OP
Ol!ver said:
Err, I thought I'd mentioned it, got me wondering now ;)

Anyways, here's me: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=10&username=Oli
welcome to the team :)

the reason you didn't get a mention in the news as a new user is that at 17:45 on Thursday when I saved the stats page you hadn't had a WU credited yet - there are 5 others who just missed out too but at least you'll have a good run at making a record number of stomps before next week's news :cool:

oh and it's not necessary to tell anyone you've joined - when I write the news I have to find all the new members before I can calculate what everyone else has done during the week, unless I find you but forget to add you to the news post of course :p

Soldato
rich99million said:
welcome to the team :)

the reason you didn't get a mention in the news as a new user is that at 17:45 on Thursday when I saved the stats page you hadn't had a WU credited yet - there are 5 others who just missed out too but at least you'll have a good run at making a record number of stomps before next week's news :cool:

oh and it's not necessary to tell anyone you've joined - when I write the news I have to find all the new members before I can calculate what everyone else has done during the week, unless I find you but forget to add you to the news post of course :p

Ah cool :)

Just a question whilst I'm here, both my machines are folding the same project (2505), is that right?

Soldato
Ol!ver said:
Ah cool :)

Just a question whilst I'm here, both my machines are folding the same project (2505), is that right?

It could very well be a different version of the same project... but even if they were identical I wouldnt worry. Stanford will send out multiple copies of the same WUs for various reasons. Most obvious being the data may be lost or even be corrupted if just one person did it. With several they can collate them and be sure theyve got the right figures.

There is also a deadline issue. If only one person got a particular WU there is no definate way of knowing if said WU will arrive back on time. With lots you increase the chances you get at least one back :)

Now this is unfortunate for you if they are low pointer WUs... but then again, it could be great if they turn out to be 400 pointers :D

SiriusB

Soldato
OP
check at the start of the log for each client and just check for something like the following...

Project: 2504 (Run 3, Clone 11, Gen 14)

as long as at least one of those numbers is different between the two clients then it's a different (but similar) WU

Soldato
rich99million said:
check at the start of the log for each client and just check for something like the following...

Project: 2504 (Run 3, Clone 11, Gen 14)

as long as at least one of those numbers is different between the two clients then it's a different (but similar) WU

Aye, different numbers. Cheers matey :)

Soldato
It missed this weeks news, however, here it is in all its glorious tiffyness :p

cert.php

Congratties to all other tiffy winners too :cool:

Dunc

Back
Top Bottom