[ Folding ] We only need 13,000ppd more to start catching ABXzone

Associate
yeah i wasn't sure how quickly the bigadv units would run with one or two cores tied up with 8 gpu clients, if you could pull 25kppd on the cpu then the rig may be able to breach 100k ppd :eek::cool:

Soldato
yeah i wasn't sure how quickly the bigadv units would run with one or two cores tied up with 8 gpu clients, if you could pull 25kppd on the cpu then the rig may be able to breach 100k ppd :eek::cool:

There's next to no CPU usage for my two nVidia GPU clients - may be different for the high-end graphics stuff of course, or on Linux.

Man of Honour
rembember i've run 4 cards before (GT9800's). Then it was 3 260's

hardest thing here is going to be gettting all the hw/sw to work and picking the right OS gonna be lots of testing methinks.

Soldato
When optimising graphics cards for Folding@Home, what's important? Core clock speed, shader clock speed, or memory clock speed? Since I'm only running mine at ~60% due to artefacting, I just thought I might as well try underclocking and seeing if I can get them stable at 100%, but need to know what speed I should focus on keeping highest!
Cheers

Soldato
When optimising graphics cards for Folding@Home, what's important? Core clock speed, shader clock speed, or memory clock speed? Since I'm only running mine at ~60% due to artefacting, I just thought I might as well try underclocking and seeing if I can get them stable at 100%, but need to know what speed I should focus on keeping highest!
Cheers

Shader speed will be the one you are looking for.

Man of Honour

Running GPU and bigadv at the same time gives no real benefit apparently as the cpu interrupts generated by the GPU really kills the bigadv units performance.

Associate
Decided to help a bit with my 4890. ;)

I have been folding for quite some time now but just recently installed Fahmon to get a better understanding of what is my ppd. According to fahmon l am getting around 2500ppd for 511point units and around 3100 for 384point units. I had the impression that l would get something better with my 4890 than that. I am aware that ATI cards don't perform so well in F@H but hopefully this will change when GPU3 is out.

Another question l had was of how to utilize my spare 9500GT. I was planning of adding it as a PhysX card but l couldn't be bothered since l don't play any games that use the technology. Can l add it as a second card in my rig only for folding. I am a bit skeptic because l have a P35 motherboard and the 9500GT will run at 4X from what l know. If this is doable how many ppd do you think the 9500GT will fetch.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Associate
It's official. team stomp successful!

screenie2z.png

Well done guys :)

Back
Top Bottom