Follow Up On Mass Effect 3 Delay, This Might Be Bad

Soldato
I do hate the difference. The MA1 inventory system was painful, but the MA2 choice of, what, 2 weapons for each type? Thats laughable.

I wouldn't even call it a choice. Pistols? Carnifex, if you have it, the DLC pistol. SMGs, both were utter ****e, the DLC 1 ****ed all over them. Sniper, if you're an Infiltrator, Widow, anything else, the Incisor. Assault Rifles? Mattock was the best by a mile. Shotguns were the only ones that had real choice. Scimitar for semi-auto shotgunning goodness, the big ass Krogan Shotgun for point blank Charging and the Geth Shotgun for most other purposes.

Soldato
I think one of ME2's main weaknesses is, if you take out the character missions and sidequests, the actual plot is pretty short...

Cerberus Facility - Freedom's Progress - Horizon - Collector Ambush - Reaper IFF - Collectors attack the Normandy - Suicide Mission.

Most of which took under an hour each (unless you're playing on Insanity). The last mission was definitely too short, not exactly giving the impression that "millions" of collectors were on the station.

Associate
OP
I like how they didn't include a toggle helmet button either...

Lost count of the number of times I've had to watch my Shephard doing a scene wearing some ridiculously big combat helmet that completely obscures his face when its supposed to be intimate or close or emotional...

Ha! I was thinking this the other day.

Aod

Aod

Soldato

Hmmm?

I do hate the difference. The MA1 inventory system was painful, but the MA2 choice of, what, 2 weapons for each type? Thats laughable.
I really liked the ME1 Inventory system, i never had any problems with it.

but ME2 doesn't even have an inventory system.

I wouldn't even call it a choice. Pistols? Carnifex, if you have it, the DLC pistol. SMGs, both were utter ****e, the DLC 1 ****ed all over them. Sniper, if you're an Infiltrator, Widow, anything else, the Incisor. Assault Rifles? Mattock was the best by a mile. Shotguns were the only ones that had real choice. Scimitar for semi-auto shotgunning goodness, the big ass Krogan Shotgun for point blank Charging and the Geth Shotgun for most other purposes.

Other than the DLC pistol (which was like firing a muzzle-loading flintlock from the 18th century), you're pretty much spot on.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The pictures above pretty much explains it all. They stripped out so much rpg elements from the first that it total messed up ME2. I even struggle to complete it the second time. It just get's so boring. Not to mention the story in the first was better too.

But despite all that, I enjoyed my first play through, but was very disapointed at what they did. Now 3rd one will probably have no rgp elements at all, it will be cod in space. How annoying. Hopefully I can at least enjoy my 1st play through.

Why not just make a new ip for that and leave ME alone :(

Soldato
Most of which took under an hour each (unless you're playing on Insanity). The last mission was definitely too short, not exactly giving the impression that "millions" of collectors were on the station.

Under an hour? Under 30 minutes more like, hell on Insanity they aren't much longer with the exception of certain fights/boss battles that see you doing them over and over (and i wouldn't really call dying and having to redo the section 'additional length'). My Vanguard could finish off most fights on Insanity faster than my other classes could on Hardcore.

The inventory system was fine. Inventory management on the other hand wasn't. It really wasn't uncommon to load up your inventory and find 5 of the same useless mod to sell individually. The customisation it offered was great, it was just a major pain in the arse to use it.

Last edited:
Associate
Shouldn't they learn that trying to appeal to the COD crowd is the most stupid idea on the planet.

The COD crowd play COD and only COD because they are mindless chavs getting sucked into the horrible franchise.

Soldato
Meh, I wouldn't panic, (like most of the internet community seem to be doing atm).

ME2 was a better game than the first. Don't get me wrong, ME1 was brilliant and did some things better than ME2, but Bioware "streamlining" was the word I think they used was a positive change. Yeah some bits were cut back, but overall it was a better experience I thought.

I love a deep enthralling RPG as much as the next PC gamer, but genres evolve. We're seeing a lot more light-RPG's about over the past few years, but this isn't a bad thing, it just means we should treasure the more hardcore RPG's we do get.

Soldato
Under an hour? Under 30 minutes more like, hell on Insanity they aren't much longer with the exception of certain fights/boss battles that see you doing them over and over (and i wouldn't really call dying and having to redo the section 'additional length'). My Vanguard could finish off most fights on Insanity faster than my other classes could on Hardcore.

Fair enough, admittedly I suck at fighting Praetorians :p and I'm told Harbinger shows up more often and spams Singularity constantly at the higher difficulty levels.

Caporegime
I love a deep enthralling RPG as much as the next PC gamer, but genres evolve. We're seeing a lot more light-RPG's about over the past few years, but this isn't a bad thing, it just means we should treasure the more hardcore RPG's we do get.

Which the ME serious was one of and is now changing to not anymore.

I would love the rpg options, levelling system, inventory and customisability of ME1 mixed with the combat fluidity of ME2.

ME1 + ME2 = ME3

Soldato
Shouldn't they learn that trying to appeal to the COD crowd is the most stupid idea on the planet.

The COD crowd play COD and only COD because they are mindless chavs getting sucked into the horrible franchise.

I have played games since god knows what age and play COD MW2 loads still online, am i a mindless chav? Most people I meet online dueing play are also quite pleasent really :rolleyes:. I would actually hate for them to mess with mass effect 3, loved the 1st 2. However im sure the pc community will judge for themselves when we have more gameplay footage and previews

Soldato
Fair enough, admittedly I suck at fighting Praetorians :p and I'm told Harbinger shows up more often and spams Singularity constantly at the higher difficulty levels.

Meh, Praetorians are pointless. On Horizon its essentially you and about a bazillion stacked boxes and other items of cover so you get to run around in circles for ages slowing killing it. On the Collector Ship its basically the same thing except you need to kill the few Husks/Collectors that attack you first and theres less cover but a nice big square path for it instead.

Harbinger not much of an issue though unless you let him be 1. Except the ambush on the Collector Ship there really isn't much of a threat from him. He's mostly just annoying because he ALWAYS possesses the Collector thats about 1 bullet from death.

Associate
I have played games since god knows what age and play COD MW2 loads still online, am i a mindless chav? Most people I meet online dueing play are also quite pleasent really :rolleyes:. I would actually hate for them to mess with mass effect 3, loved the 1st 2. However im sure the pc community will judge for themselves when we have more gameplay footage and previews

I guess you haven't met the gamers from my generation? I'm just a child compared to a lot of people on this forum but I enjoy and respect a good game. Yes I play COD but other people my age only play COD and treat it as some sort of god which is stupid because I can name hundreds of better games.

The mindless chavs im talking about are Xbox players and are 16 years old btw :p

Soldato
I guess you haven't met the gamers from my generation? I'm just a child compared to a lot of people on this forum but I enjoy and respect a good game. Yes I play COD but other people my age only play COD and treat it as some sort of god which is stupid because I can name hundreds of better games.

The mindless chavs im talking about are Xbox players and are 16 years old btw :p

hahaha your generation im only 29 jeez :eek: or maybe im getting old :( . Ive met some ok people on cod, I feel due to its sales it gets a bad rap. Anyway there are retards on most games you will find online occasionally really, just like real life! :D

Soldato
Firstly, please don't say this is being dumbed down for the console crowd. If it's being dumbed down, it's being dumbed down for idiots, and not for people who play on a particular format. Let's not forget ME1 was first and formost an xbox game.

Anyway, that said, I don't like the sound of them dumbing it down further. While there are elements I love about the second, it was just never as gripping as the the first. Technically, it was better, but they removed far too much in the way of roleplaying and customisation.

I hope they do not ruin the series as it is one of my favourites.

Although I loved both games, the second game I felt the combat was better but the story was not, basically it was a race to get as many people as you could to join your crew and this almost seemed to be the crux of the game it wasnt as involving and I felt that it was only really at the final mission that was worthy of the first game.

Back
Top Bottom