Food Hell

Soldato
OP
You dislike pork belly? Chinese crunchy skin pork belly?

I’ve never heard of that before….

I don’t hate anything but dislike pickled eggs or overcooked vegetables.
Gimme some pork belly that's been cooked so its crispy all the way and i love it(like a bacon rasher), but a lot of the time I see it its got a crispy layer then an inch of fat. Its the fat I don't like, but tbh that goes for all meat.

Caporegime
Gimme some pork belly that's been cooked so its crispy all the way and i love it(like a bacon rasher), but a lot of the time I see it its got a crispy layer then an inch of fat. Its the fat I don't like, but tbh that goes for all meat.

Oooooh, it’s the balance…Crispy, the right amount of fat and then meat.

Found a photo of this from Singapore, Michelin star and they do take away boxes! Not much fat there.

j1hw8FF.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Literally just had some pork belly for my dinner, 8h braised then pressed overnight, sliced and stir fried with a sweet chilli/teriyaki glaze on rice. Nom.

For me I can't stand celery or raw cherry tomatoes. Both are grim.

Soldato
OP
Literally just had some pork belly for my dinner, 8h braised then pressed overnight, sliced and stir fried with a sweet chilli/teriyaki glaze on rice. Nom.

For me I can't stand celery or raw cherry tomatoes. Both are grim.
Haha hated celery when i was younger but love it now. Cherry toms I can just pop into my mouth one after the other :cry:

Caporegime
Anything with a face that is still visible.

Prawns - insects of the sea.

Eggs (by themselves, not as an ingredient that can’t be identified in another food).
One of my best friend at uni say that about prawns ”insects of the sea!”.

Don't put anything like scallops, octopus or mussels near me unless you want projectile vomit in your face.

Dried squid is a great snack!

Associate
One of my best friend at uni say that about prawns ”insects of the sea!”.

If insects tasted like prawns I'd happily have them. They don't, at least not those that I've tried :p
Haha hated celery when i was younger but love it now. Cherry toms I can just pop into my mouth one after the other
:cry:

Celery just tastes really floral to me, like someone has sprayed my face with perfume. It's alright used as a base in a soup/stock etc.

Cherry tomatoes taste great but the texture is just awful.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Agree with Prawns being insects of the sea, they're basically bottom feeders and eat all the ****. I still like them though.

There isn't much I dislike foodwise really, I agree with Raymond about Liquorice though, vile stuff.

Back
Top Bottom