Football Banter Thread

I'm really not sure that getting into this is banter thread material. @div0's reply is spot on however. No matter how terrible what Alonso done was, it was something away from football and not something most supporters look at. He's judged for what he does on the pitch and for most of the last few seasons, Lingard hasn't done very much on the pitch.

The super computer has spoken! According to The Mirror it has crunched the numbers and ran the algorithms and has Sunderland going straight back to League One :D

The super computer has spoken! According to The Mirror it has crunched the numbers and ran the algorithms and has Sunderland going straight back to League One :D

I think Sunderland will stay up tbh, this Super computer is talking rubbish, I mean I'm a Bristol City fan and I can confidently say we are not getting relegated this year, I'll even wager that :cry:

Its a silly sum for someone of his ability but if you looked at it purely financially. Thats just over £10m for the year. Lets say a player of his calibre would be £80k/week if you paid a transfer fee for them like normal. So they are essentially paying £6m more than his normal worth. Its not horrendous when you think about it like that.

That being said, I have just seen other places suggesting he is on £130k + bonuses. Either way, I'm not sure its a bad deal for them and its a 1 year contract so if he doesn't work out its not the end of the world.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a signing on fee paid direct to him though. Seems to be the case with free transfers these days.

As you say it's kind of impossible to know the true details.

Anyone see the BBC article on Twitter abuse?

60,000 abusive posts in first half of last season from a sample of 2.3m. Half of those were concentrated on a group of 12 players, 8 of those from Man Utd with over 20,000 of those directed at Ronaldo and Maguire :D

Back
Top Bottom