Football Banter Thread

Anyone see the BBC article on Twitter abuse?

60,000 abusive posts in first half of last season from a sample of 2.3m. Half of those were concentrated on a group of 12 players, 8 of those from Man Utd with over 20,000 of those directed at Ronaldo and Maguire :D
Read that last night and did wonder why people have twitter accounts if all they get is abuse on it, I did also wonder how many of those were from Man U fans angry at results and blaming those 2 players, see Grealish got some, assume that was due to his poor return from expensive transfer

Anyone see the BBC article on Twitter abuse?

60,000 abusive posts in first half of last season from a sample of 2.3m. Half of those were concentrated on a group of 12 players, 8 of those from Man Utd with over 20,000 of those directed at Ronaldo and Maguire :D
My question is why do you think that's funny?

Jake Humphrey has been axed as the host of BT Sport's Premier League football coverage as part of a huge shake-up by the broadcaster ahead of new season.

Lynsey Hipgrave, who has hosted the channel's Europa League coverage in recent seasons, will replace Humphrey in the hot seat and present her first match this weekend when Fulham take on Liverpool at Craven Cottage.

Get in! :D

Although - The 43-year-old broadcaster from Peterborough will continue to front the channel's Champions League coverage.

Not banter but not sure where to put it, but the kneeling before matches is going to stop next season

Makes sense. Its at the point now where it doesn't really have any impact because its just part of the pre-game ritual. No issue with them doing it for specific games but I got pretty sick of the commentators trying to play it up every single time.

The banter thread is just where people put stuff that doesn’t fit in any current threads and they don’t want to start a new one. I’m sure @BaZ87 will pull this out if he feels it should live on its own.
No, this thread is just for stupid little jokes and banter but for whatever reason, no matter how many times I delete or move posts, some people insist on posting absolutely anything and everything in here. Too many people are scored or starting new threads.
Not banter but not sure where to put it, but the kneeling before matches is going to stop next season

A new thread :)

No, this thread is just for stupid little jokes and banter but for whatever reason, no matter how many times I delete or move posts, some people insist on posting absolutely anything and everything in here. Too many people are scored or starting new threads.

A new thread :)

I know very much how you feel about this thread. That doesn't mean its not where people do dump anything that doesn't fit in any other pre-existing thread. Despite your best efforts :p

My comment was just in relation to Jimbeam suggesting he posted it because he thought online abuse was funny. I was explaining that probably wasn't the case. As always, you're welcome Baz :p

BBC sport 'pundits' have done their annual top 4 predications, no surprise that Man City are top with 13 choosing them as champs. Liverpool are 2nd with 9.

Personally I want some of what Rob Green is smoking...
Predictor1st2nd3rd4th
Rob GreenMan CityMan UtdLiverpoolTottenham

Anyone else hoping they leave it unchanged, just to wind up the perpetually offended brigade?

BBC sport 'pundits' have done their annual top 4 predications, no surprise that Man City are top with 13 choosing them as champs. Liverpool are 2nd with 9.

Personally I want some of what Rob Green is smoking...
Predictor1st2nd3rd4th
Rob GreenMan CityMan UtdLiverpoolTottenham

Just you wait. Rob Greens a visionary. United for top 2.

Spurs Fan Claims Harry Kane Is The Best Striker In PL History | Agree To Disagree | @LADbible TV

Agree To Disagree is back for the new Premier League season!

On this week's episode, Spurs fan Flav goes up against Chelsea fan Rory Jennings to debate the biggest arguments between the two London rivals, including:
- Will Tottenham Hotspur finish above Chelsea this season?
- Is Harry Kane the best Striker in Premier League history?
- Raheem Sterling v Heung-min Son: Who's the better player?
With thanks to Rory Jennings and Flav of The Fighting ****

I wanted to put this somewhere...Rooney playing in the US league. Incredible.

The determination to get there, world class tackle, assist in the dying moments to win the game. All in 20 seconds or so.

Souness about to be cancelled. I know what he meant and he did nothing wrong so these feminazi Lioness worshippers should probably stop trying to deliberately misinterpret comments just because he's an old white man.

Back
Top Bottom