Football Banter Thread

Souness about to be cancelled. I know what he meant and he did nothing wrong so these feminazi Lioness worshippers should probably stop trying to deliberately misinterpret comments just because he's an old white man.

Yea, women's football is only recently (in the long history of football punditry) been a thing, he's clearly on about the comparison between "men" and "boys" and the level of commitment on show. I'll bet the women's game wasn't even on his mind in the process of delivering that line.

It's easy to project the idea he hates women's football though, which is probably why he's been jumped on and he didn't do much to temper the perceived anger with his response. There are some Souness-esque players in the female side of the sport though...

Yea, women's football is only recently (in the long history of football punditry) been a thing, he's clearly on about the comparison between "men" and "boys" and the level of commitment on show. I'll bet the women's game wasn't even on his mind in the process of delivering that line.

It's easy to project the idea he hates women's football though, which is probably why he's been jumped on and he didn't do much to temper the perceived anger with his response. There are some Souness-esque players in the female side of the sport though...
Souness is pretty progressive in his ramblings when he's talking about these sorts of issues - see his comments re gay footballers for example. It was just the outraged at anything mob making a story out of nothing.

This was always coming after all the MUFC jokes the other week..

liverpool.png

Arsenal Fan Claims Martin Odegaard Is World Class | Agree To Disagree | @LADbible TV

Agree To Disagree is back for the new Premier League season!

On the latest episode, Arsenal fan Bhavs tells Manchester United fan Saeed that he thinks Martin Odegaard should be considered world class. The rivals debate the biggest arguments between their clubs, including:

- Who will finish higher in the Premier League: United or Arsenal?
- Will Gabriel Jesus score more goals this season than Cristiano Ronaldo and the rest of United's frontline?
- Are Arsenal fans the most deluded in the Premier League?

With thanks to Saeed and Bhavs

Back
Top Bottom