Football Banter Thread

I agree with him. Women pundits have never played the male game, men have. Women should stick women’s football and men to men’s football.

It seems like you have to shoehorn a woman in everywhere these days.

I think Sky may have got the message about Karen Carney. Seemed like she had been brought in as a permanent pundit alongside Neville and Carra, but she only lasted 2 or 3 shows and hasn’t been on since, and I haven’t seen Eni Aluko in donkeys on sky

I agree. I am not bothered whether it is male of female. Jake Humphries was just as bad and he is male.

They got that Laura Woods on BT Sport now and she didn't even knew who Brian Clough was when she was on Talksport. Pure eye candy and that is it.

The only decent one they have is the woman on CBS with Henry, Cara and Micah. Intelligent but doesn't pretend that she knows the technical aspects at the top. Also Gabby Logan but she had the influence of her father but it is very rare to get a decent lady that doesn't want to push an agenda.

There’ll be lots of click bait titles around what he said, and even I thought “Hmm that’s going to be a bit sticky” when I saw them, but if you read the full story around what he said, it wasn’t anything like what the excerpts make it look like. What he said was that the men’s and women’s games are played differently, and he wasn’t a fan of female pundits saying things like:

“He should have done this in this position”, or:

“I’d have done that here”, as the tactics are different in the men’s and women’s games, and he’s right. He was actually really complimentary about the women’s game in general and how far the skill levels have come.

People will jump all over it though and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cancelled in the weeks to come.

Reactions: fez
The only decent one they have is the woman on CBS with Henry, Cara and Micah. Intelligent but doesn't pretend that she knows the technical aspects at the top. Also Gabby Logan but she had the influence of her father but it is very rare to get a decent lady that doesn't want to push an agenda.
Kate Abdo, she’s been around for ages. They’re awesome those four :p

I agree with him. Women pundits have never played the male game, men have. Women should stick women’s football and men to men’s football.

It seems like you have to shoehorn a woman in everywhere these days.

I think Sky may have got the message about Karen Carney. Seemed like she had been brought in as a permanent pundit alongside Neville and Carra, but she only lasted 2 or 3 shows and hasn’t been on since, and I haven’t seen Eni Aluko in donkeys on sky

I somewhat agree with this, I wouldn’t mind if they were good pundits but for the majority of the time they just spout nonsense. There’s loads of male pundits that are absolutely dire as well though.

It’s like football focus on the bbc, hammering viewership since they got all the women on the show and it’s now been cancelled

Kate Abdo, she’s been around for ages. They’re awesome those four :p

Yeh, I agree. I see clips of them on SM all the time. Good laugh, I don’t know why that style wouldn’t work here? Seems to be a lot more serious. Even the way she introduces the pundits is just a **** take of big Meeks.

Re:woods I don’t mind her as well as she’s the presenter not a pundit and she good at it. Same with Kelly cates.

It’s different roll. Jake was brilliant at F1 with the team at bbc but just didn’t work that well at BT for me. That’s probably down to having to speak to Rio, Owen and Savage. Terrible pundits.

The problem with saying that women pundits can't comment accurately and with first hand insight on the mens game is that kind of insinuates that male pundits experience makes them good at it which clearly isn't true. The game of football has changed over the past 20 years as well so any ex-player from that time hasn't entirely got their finger on the pulse.

My big issue with female pundits is the same one I have with male ones. Most of them are just ******* awful and seem to have been picked for their recognisability rather than their eloquence or insight.

I don't think it matters who are pundits these days, it's just their opinion on what they see. I don't think the selection of men pundits offer much more than the women do, I literally mute the TV when JFH is on, a Sunday league footballer would offer better football insight

Theres a difference between presenters and pundits, 90% of pundits (men and women) or co-comentators are thick as pig **** trotting out tired clichés. We all took the **** out of tyler for years for his fake enthusiasm and its similar, for me anyway, when ever female commentators are on, it just sounds wrong and fake when they try to inject any sort of passion into it. Abdo and Cates are great presentors, largely due to the chemistry they have with who is in the studio with them - although that's true with male presenters as well.

ThVIZ1F.png

Sportswashed on the highest setting.

Mahrez came out with something similar didn't he, included some nonsense about fan passion - average attendance is something like 1.5k :cry: suppose they gotta earn that twitter money though..

It's time the sporting bodies stopped taking money from betting companies in sponsorship if they want to continue this moral crusade against players these days.
If as reported and this is a police issue then it has nothing to do with a moral crusade. I agree football banning players from gambling all while pocketing millions from the gambling industry is a massive contradiction but if these players had simply placed an innocent bet on something or other then they wouldn't be getting spoke to by the police. Betting is not a crime after all, it's simply against football rules. If they're being spoke to by the police then it would suggest something far more serious.

Back
Top Bottom