Football Banter Thread

Is someone honestly saying the Arsenal ladies team are actively not recruiting black / minority players? It's pretty ludicrous and I can't believe an apology has been issued.

EDIT
Wasn't there something around the England team not having enough black players a little while back too? Despite having the same black / white ratio in the team as the UK does.

Last edited:
It shouldn’t be just about any team, it should be about what the club does for diversity as a whole. It’s just a period in time where the women players happen to be white. You shouldn’t be expected to buy or field players just because of their skin colour.
They are two different clubs. no one has said anything about Arsenal buying players based on their skin colour.

I swear no one has actually read the article they are so outraged by.

Last edited:
Is that 10 real months or 10 with some suspended for "education" ?
It’s not fully out yet but yes everywhere is reporting 10 months so out for the rest of season with a return of Aug/Sept. The ban is 12 months with 2 suspended. He getting more than the Juva player because he bet on his team to win.

Wonder how much money had to change hands to get that verdict
What makes you say that? Juva player got 7 months.

Toney got 8 and he was betting against his own club. (granted banned from total football) Not sure he help the FA out in their investigation.

Sandro worked with the prosecutors and handed over every single device hence the reduce sentence.
Doubt Newcastle will miss him that much as well. Decent player, but has hardly set the world alight since his move.
Just have to treat this as a long term injury. If he is allowed to train and play friendlies that could help him to settle in away from the spotlight.
His first season at Milan wasn't that great either. You can see glimpses of what he can bring and the talent he has. 6 year contract and only 23 so best years ahead of him.

I do believe Milan did know hence way the transfer went through.

huge blow for us though. Both of our big money signing this summer missing huge parts of this season :/

Back
Top Bottom