Football Banter Thread

If as reported and this is a police issue then it has nothing to do with a moral crusade. I agree football banning players from gambling all while pocketing millions from the gambling industry is a massive contradiction but if these players had simply placed an innocent bet on something or other then they wouldn't be getting spoke to by the police. Betting is not a crime after all, it's simply against football rules. If they're being spoke to by the police then it would suggest something far more serious.
Illegal betting companies. One player has already admitted it.

“The news comes a day after FIGC prosecutors announced an investigation into 22-year-old Juventus midfielder Nicolo Fagioli, who is alleged to have used a variety of identities to place bets on illegal websites.”

Last edited:
Sky Italy are reporting that Sandro is no longer under investigation.
Owned up to playing poker and blackjack etc and admitted he didn’t know the sites were illegal.

Hopefully that true and Newcastle sit him down and get him some help incase this habit spirals.

They are also reporting there’s over 40 players under investigation

Edit: probably jinxed it now awaiting wrap sheet twice the size of Toneys :D

Last edited:
Italian press are the best!

We’ve went from poker/blackjack to betting on Milian when he was not playing.

1year ban incoming?

Good job Longstaff is tearing it up :D

Up to a point, betting on your own team to win doesn't seem like a particularly bad thing. Betting on other teams to lose or your own team to lose on the other hand...

Before someone says, yes I understand that you can't make that distinction.

I agree it's less dodgy than betting on your team to lose, but even so you could have inside information like players recovering from injuries and stuff when it isn't common knowledge that they are fit yet.

Arsenal women's team getting into trouble because their 1st team squad is all white women which isn't allowed in todays world - theyve had to issue an apology.. utterly pathetic

Back
Top Bottom