Football Banter Thread

Bayern are a country mile better than any side in that league. Kane has essentially replaced Lewandowski of a few years back. Wouldn't surprise me if Kane gets nearly 50 goals this season for them.

He’s still got to be there and still stick it in the net.

If it was that simple the others would be banging in 50. He’s certainly replaced Lewa but let’s not kid ourselves he was an absolute beast of a centre forward as well. Even managed to bang in 4 against Madrid playing for BvB.

He also have quality attacking players around him and playing attacking side.

Kane is ruthless in front of goal. Now imagine if England and Spurs more attacking when he played for them?
Careful you will give Gareth a heart attack with that sort of talk.

He’s still got to be there and still stick it in the net.

If it was that simple the others would be banging in 50. He’s certainly replaced Lewa but let’s not kid ourselves he was an absolute beast of a centre forward as well. Even managed to bang in 4 against Madrid playing for BvB.

Well thats kind of the point, Kane is a world class striker, easily top 3 in the world and he is playing in a Bayern side that is a country mile better than anyone else in the league. People have been saying that he (Kane) would be scoring way more if the wingers/wide forwards passed to him more.

Lewa was the best traditional CF in the world for a while there as well.

Well maybe not bending the rules. However loans and sales have took place between clubs co-owned by families. Watford and Udinese are owned by the same family. As an example they've had multiples of transfers between them.

Well maybe not bending the rules. However loans and sales have took place between clubs co-owned by families. Watford and Udinese are owned by the same family. As an example they've had multiples of transfers between them.
And there's nothing to stop transfers taking place between related parties, they just have to be at a fair market value. This change is being brought about preempting Newcastle (or another club & their sister clubs) possibly trying to get around FFP by having Saudi sides buy players and then taking them on loan. That is perfectly reasonable and fair.

Tbf I'm not convinced that this was on the cards. I think Newcastle/the Saudi's know the spotlight is on them and if they tried something that obvious then the rules would be made even harder for them not just with this sort of thing but on other things moving forwards. I think the Tonali suspension has possibly changed that and just the possibility that Newcastle might try and sneak one through has led to clubs deciding it's better to be safe and close the loophole just in case.

We all knew this change was on the way as soon as players started to move to Saudi, whats funny is when it goes through, Chelsea, ManCity, wolves and Brighton will have cut of their nose to spite their face, on a hypothetical situation that i done even think Newcastle would have pursued due to how many eyes are on them

Last edited:
How many PL clubs run the route of multiple club’s ownership? 6-8? Be an interesting vote none the the less lol
I will **** myself laughing if the vote doesn’t get though, 6 clubs currently benefit from related party transfers, City, Nottingham Forest, Brighton, Bournemouth, Wolves and Villa. Are they going to vote against their own interests?

I will **** myself laughing if the vote doesn’t get though, 6 clubs currently benefit from related party transfers, City, Nottingham Forest, Brighton, Bournemouth, Wolves and Villa. Are they going to vote against their own interests?
they probably will just for this window because we got a little bit of an injury problem. It’s only a temporary ban until they can discuss new rules.

would be funny tho if it failed :D

Last edited:
We all knew this change was on the way as soon as players started to move to Saudi, whats funny is when it goes through, Chelsea, ManCity, wolves and Brighton will have cut of their nose to spite their face, on a hypothetical situation that i done even think Newcastle would have pursued due to how many eyes are on them
How will they? These clubs don't loan players from their sister clubs, they loan them to these clubs which isn't being banned.

Back
Top Bottom