For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legs... pain... cannot... walk... LOL!

Big leg day yesterday.

Pre-exhausted on leg press (just 4 heavy sets of 320kg x6)

Back Squats:

10x 100 (ATG)
10x 110 (ATG)
10x 120 (ATG)
8x 140 (below ||)
5x 150 (below ||)

Step-ups with 40kg DBs

5 sets x5 step ups per leg

SLDL:

10x 80
10x 100
8x 110
6x 120

Then a warm down set of front squats (ATG obviously)

60, 70, 80 kg all for 10.

That's it! No lunges today... the step ups killed me hard.

Can't you add any weights to the machine? I used to stick a few 20s on the handles of the calf raise machine and a few more on the pins. Worked quite well but the manager didn't think it was safe so banned me from doing it :(

Can't you add any weights to the machine? I used to stick a few 20s on the handles of the calf raise machine and a few more on the pins. Worked quite well but the manager didn't think it was safe so banned me from doing it :(
lol you should have seen what I did to the machine at my old gym! It maxed at 100kg... I think I managed to get over 250kg on it hanging plates on the handles, etc. It used to have a funny wobble on it after a few weeks haha :D

Ended up giving myself tendonitis in my achilles heel though using so much weight :(

Nope - there's no provision or even anywhere I could do that.

I find pre-exhausting them works, then just use a barbell on the back with at least 4 plates, on a board/low step (about 6 inches) and just blast them out as much as I can.

It's actually surprising how much strength the calves have in them and how quickly they gain. They don't seem to lose strength as quickly as other muscles either.
This is why I ended up injuring my achilles, the calf muscles coped with the load no problem but the sheer pace I was adding new weight, week after week meant my poor tendons couldn't keep up.

Similar to what happened to me at the David Lloyd ****ing pussies. He only noticed what i was doing to this life fitness dual cable pulley machine six weeks later:o. I was doing seated rows with both stacks 2x100kg plus 2x45kg dumbbells total of 290kg, this is no way putting pressure on these cables. Life fitness equipment is well made and in my opinion can take that weight easily. I have a body solid version in my home gym great quality but no where near as good as the life fitness model with 2x80kg stacks and plate loaders. On just one of my stacks i have maxed it out to 360kg for seated row, no snapping of the cable yet!

Right yesterday was a bit of a "filler" day...

Powercleans:

12x 60kg
10x 70kg
10x 80kg
8x 90kg
4x 100kg

Deadlifts:

12x 60kg
12x 100kg
10x 140kg
6x 170kg
dropset: 6x 140kg

Bent over lateral rows (DBs):

12x 15kg
10x 20kg
10x 22.5kg
8x 25kg
dropset: 10x 17.5kg

Standing shoulder press:

12x 40kg
10x 50kg
8x 60kg
5x 70kg
dropset: 8x 40kg

That's it!

It all hurts! lol!

The big power compound/fullbody exercises have always been good for me (I'm on 210 DL without straps or belt). I love standing press as I find it a lot harder than sat with the backrest. My target for the standing shoulder press is 100kg - but I'm WAY off that. I'm giving myself another year to get to that.

The lateral raises are tough and it's so hard not to swing or cheat the technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom