For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, my gym sounds awesome to that. Powerbase in Loughborough Uni, one small room for CV and then a massive hall full of Barbells and Dumbells. As there are no students there at the moment its dead. There are also no mirrors.

I went to Loughborough - I loved the gym there, proper manly gym - I did my first steps in the gym from there.... and now well it's obviously worked! :D

How did the full body work for you in all honesty?

I really enjoyed it and thought it worked very well!! I was on a strength cycle for the first 3/4 months. Helped me increase size & strength and generally become bigger. Would recommend trying one for 12weeks or so if you haven't already.
Now gone back to a split so I can pin-point certain area's.

Clipsey, would you mind giving me a quick rundown of the exercises you did in your full-body workout?

It was a strength cycle and quite intense (well I like to think so :p)
Warm ups & stretches, then the 3 different days below:
-Snatches, DB Bench, Squats, Chin ups - with different super sets in-between.
-Overhead Squat, DeadLift, Bench, Inverted Row.
-Cleans, DB Incline, Front Squat, Pull ups.

Usually done with 2 warm up sets then 5x5 (non-strength cycle) and took about 50-60mins per session.
I found it awesome :cool:

Just been and had a quick chest session.

3 x 8 DB Bench (heavy)
3 x 8 DB Incline (heavy)
3 x 12 press-up superset with bicep curls and rope tricep pressdown (BICEPZZ INNIT!!)
2 x BB Bench (slow and light)
2 x BB CG Bench (slow and light)

40mins in total and massive pump. Trained later than usual and without my buddy. That is all ;)

I need to know how best to improve my training regime a bit, at the moment im not too seriously into it but seeing the results, but I realise this wont happen for very long until i reach the peak for the exercises i do.

My current workout consists of 30 or so mins on the multigym doing various things with upper body, abs and legs then going for a 10 min jog as a cool down/cardio.

Im quite unfit in terms of the cardio part, I however am seeing an improvement, I live in a area with lots of steep hills so my "run" usually starts downhill a little, then mainly flat but then a steep climb to the end.

Just pointers and palces to perhaps find new exerices to look at doing with the multigym. Its a York2001 model as far as I know, not sure how vague this is.

I also use dumbells for the upper body as well at the multigym, so if there are options there for new exercised then id be interested to know.

Also, a bit of a novice at the terms for some of the exercises so perhaps in laymans terms please :)

finished my 10 reps in my hst phase today

2*10 on each plus WU
squat 110kg
DB bench 38kg
Mil press 45kg
lat pulls 84kg
DB BOR 38kg
calf raise 120kg
dips +14kg
and some tri and bi work

start the 5's on fri

quite enjoying the full body makes a change from the splits

im loving the gym at the minute, its quite bad but I have managed almost 4 months solid this is my longest single training session lol!

Gained around 4lbs, making good progress on weights but this week feeling a bit ill but still stuck at it!

Deads @ 115kg x 8
DB Presses 35kg
Squats @ 80-85

No where near some of the weights people in here are doing but im certainly feeling like im making good progress and gaining decent size at the moment.

Do need to tweak my diet slightly think I may be consuming few cals to many but its all a learning curve so I can adjust it. I think it might also be down to the fact I have done 1 cardio session in around 6months :P

Deads @ 115kg x 8
DB Presses 35kg
Squats @ 80-85

Is that 35kg DB press each hand or total? Reason I ask is cause this is what I do:

Deads 180Kg x 4
DB press 30Kg a side
squats 120Kg x 6

I was doing clean, press, behind the neck press, repeat with 45Kg using olympic bar last night after dead lifts before some bicep curls.

Is that 35kg DB press each hand or total? Reason I ask is cause this is what I do:

Deads 180Kg x 4
DB press 30Kg a side
squats 120Kg x 6

I was doing clean, press, behind the neck press, repeat with 45Kg using olympic bar last night after dead lifts before some bicep curls.

But equally this is what i do

Deads 180Kg x 6
DB press 45Kg a side
squats 110Kg x 5

And i consider myself to have a weak bench for my size.

At this level of lifting a variance of 10 or even 20 kg due to technique, genetics even nutrition is perfectly feisable.

I have a mate who is chubby, lazy and trains like once every other weak and does not eat typical bb food. Yet he benches 115kg and i royally ****** me off as i can barely do 100!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom