For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was (still techincally am) a member of JJB around my way. Its a nice gym always kept tidy and so forth but a few things that really bug me.

The free weight area was kind of cramped into the corner
Nobody put the DB's back in any order so was a nuisance finding the right ones
It gets stupidly busy and I found I had to wait
Full of posers
Had over 110 peices of CV stuff!!!!! Was a shame because they kind of neglected the weights area for all that CV.

at my last gym no one would go by the 15 minute rule on machines.

annoying to say the least.

forget them for a while and work on building your rows and chins. This will bring you bicep strength way up

Thanks - I haven't been able to do chins up till now as I didn't have anywhere - got a Powerbar yesterday and managed to find one door frame in the whole house where it will fit so these are part of my routine from now on.

Yeah thats 35kg a side for around 2x6 on incline though, for some odd i find that easier :/

In comparsion to you though your squats and deads are much bigger than mine! I havent really deadlifted in a while I found it hard with work mainly the next day would just be grief. I have started em again (kind of) did them last week but not this week as I wasnt feeling 100% so just did other bits instead.

Same goes for squats mine are pretty awful but I still try :P

Yesterday's session:

Another filler day - not too bad, but my shoulder is/was giving me a bit of jip (it's the one I dislocated many years ago - it comes and goes with giving me issues unfortunately :()

Powercleans:

12x60kg
10x70kg
8x80kg
6x90kg
dropset: 10x60kg

No 100kg yesterday wanted to keep the reps a bit higher for my dropset.

Deadlifts:

10x100kg
10x130kg
8x150kg
5x180kg
dropset:10x100kg

Barbell shrugs:

10x100kg
10x120kg
8x140kg
5x160kg
dropset:8x100kg

Arnies (sitting down):

4x10x22.5kg (by the last set it was really an all out effort!)

supersetted with DB seated lateral raises:

4x10x10kg (low weight as I wanted to keep impeccable form and my shoulder was feeling odd)

Then just a warm down of:

3x6 BW wide grip chins.

I think it's a bit of crepitation in my shoulder - Iv'e had it before and need keyhole surgery to clear it out, so I may get an x-ray done some time soon to see what the story is. It's not painful per se, just irritating and it's hampering my ability.

Monday 8th:

Flat bench:

Using a 4secs down 1 sec up tempo (really hard work!)
WU 12x50, 12x60kg
12x80kg
8x100kg
5x100kg
5x100kg
dropset: 12x60kg

DB Incline:

WU: 12x22.5kg
12x25kg
10x27.5kg
10x30kg
8x35kg
4x35kg
dropset: 10x22.5kg

DB Decline:

5x40kg
5x35kg
5x30kg
5x25kg
5x20kg

Cable vis-a-vis:

12x15kg
10x20kg
10x25kg
10x30kg
10x35kg
dropset: 12x15kg

These were supersetted with wide grip dips:

5x12xBW

Preacher curls:

ez-bar+20kg x 12 reps
ez-bar+30kg x 12 reps
ez-bar+40kg x 8 reps
ez-bar+10kg (reverse grip) x 10 reps
ez-bar+15kg (reverse grip) x 8 reps
ez-bar+20kg (reverse grip) x 6 reps

cable high bicep curls:

12x15kg
12x20kg
10x25kg
8x30kg

supersetted with 16kg hammer curls x 6 reps

And that's it.

Dead.

Felt motivated, but was really weak in my lifts, don't know why? I just couldn't focus. Arms have now fallen off - I seldom do bicep exercises - I remember why now! lol!

Going by his sig being nerd-tastic, id call BS.

Ive done a press up with my missus stood on my shoulder blades, and ive turned her crosswise in bed and benched her lol remember to roll em over (assuming female !!) because you will hurt their boobies otherwise lol

Im feeling so ill at the minute I think im going to have to miss a session or two to recover properly. I will go not be able to train very well and get will no doubt get really annoyed!

I need to swap my training days around too, im currently doing

Mon - chest - bis
tues - back - traps
thurs - shoulders - tris
fri - legs

The issue is after working chest on the monday and then doing anything widegrip on the tuesday really stretches out my already aching chest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom