For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking for a bit of advice with diet (again). I dont have a microwave or an oven but I will be investing in a georgre foreman type grill shortly. Can I cook chicken breasts in this and rice as well then store in a tub? Enough for a few days then I can just take to uni?

Im a bit stuck for meals, for breakfast I need ideas and aside from cooking chicken I'll have some pasta and veggies for one meal but need other things also.

Can you eat porridge with water, just mixed together as I have no microwave.

Also I remember someone telling me to stay away from bread but given my situation I think it would be handy for carbs/calories?

Ive moved into ex soviet dormitories here and cooking facilities are basic but the big plus is, right below me is an amazing free weight gym which is almost always empty!

Can I cook chicken breasts in this and rice as well then store in a tub? Enough for a few days then I can just take to uni?
Not sure how you'd cook rice in a grill but if you manage it then yea it'll keep for a day or two. What I do is cook a week's worth in one go, leave one serving in the fridge and put the rest in the freezer taking one out each day.

As for the breakfast I'm a big fan of porridge made from oats and milk. I know people how make it using just oats and water but I've never tried it personally.

I used to have oats and milk in the microwave but now...

Also I would boil the rice lol!

There is no freezer so I will just have to cook a few days worth at a time. What do you add to the chicken/rice for flavour? Spices? Sauce?

Thanks for the reply UE. Where would you suggest putting those extra calories? My least favourite meal is the nuts and ricecakes with cottage cheese in the evening but from previous advice on here I was told to try and keep down the carbs in the evening. I suppose the sandwiches would be the weakest out of the whole day say I could substitute something in there or just add to it.

As for the 3 day split I've knocked up a quick routine and was after some advice just to finish it up:

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Skull-Crushers
BB Bench Press
Shoulder Press (seated or standing?)
Lat Raises

Not sure about what else to do, probably 2 out of the following 3 but I have some difficulty with all of them.
- Flyes - never quite got the hang of focusing on really using the chest
- Dips - hits my triceps a lot and often get pain accross the collarbone area, even with various techniques (leaning forward more or less elbows close in and far ou etc)
- Incline Bench - No facilities for BB bench and DB's only go up to 22 so would only work if I did 12+ reps incredibly slowly

Back/Biceps

Barbell curls
Deadlift
Chins
Bent Over Rows

One more???

Legs

Squats
SLDL
Calf Raises

One more, possibly Lunges or Step Ups???

Would be doing 3-4 sets on each fr 8 reps, only 5-6 reps for deads and squats.

Thanks for any help.

Never been a fan of chest,tri,delts in one session tbh. Not enough volume to really work any of the muscles. chest/bi , back/tri and shoulders/legs is a good 3 day split.

UE - why on earth are you benching so wide? there is no need what so ever to be benching that wide.

Chest/Shoulders/Tris can be fine.

On Monday I did;

A. Incline Dumbbel press 5 x 4-6
B1. Wide Grip bench 4 x 6-8
B2. 3/4 Dumbell flies 4 x 8-10
C. Dips 4-6 + max + max
D1. DB Shoulder press 5 x 4-6
D2. Side raises 5 x 6-8
E. SkullCrusher 5 x 4-6

Had a great session!

Chest/Shoulders/Tris can be fine.

On Monday I did;

A. Incline Dumbbel press 5 x 4-6
B1. Wide Grip bench 4 x 6-8
B2. 3/4 Dumbell flies 4 x 8-10
C. Dips 4-6 + max + max
D1. DB Shoulder press 5 x 4-6
D2. Side raises 5 x 6-8
E. SkullCrusher 5 x 4-6

Had a great session!

Do you include rear delt work in your back session, or do you rely on things like rows working them enough?

I started doing some cable crossover type things for rear delts and do them on back day work really well I find!

Someone on here actually posted a link to a back routine (cut glass or something the vid was) so I took it from there.

i manage 92 for a triple like that :) but yeah if i move it in ill prolly nail 100 after a few goes. I just like to do exercises to the 'extreme' its like a squat ATG, a wide bench is just that little harder :D

i manage 92 for a triple like that :) but yeah if i move it in ill prolly nail 100 after a few goes. I just like to do exercises to the 'extreme' its like a squat ATG, a wide bench is just that little harder :D

its not really comparable to an ATG squat really, ATG is how it should be done by all, its just an extreme because people are too lazy or physically unable to do it. benching so wide is a variation of bench press, more like partials in squats ;]

benching big numbers is more about making your body work to its best, its not about building muscle, so dont worry about it mate :D

Woah, who said anything about 10 reps!

The max i've done is 5x35KG, but i've been eating well and so on and it was a bit ago now sooooo

Keep pushing, i do 50kgx10 per dumbell on a bench, i always use a load bias as well as just "in case" this allows for the safety factor, i always load out the inside with 5kg ish more of weight, so if it gets stuck on the third or fourth set on about 8/9 lifts it can come nicely into your chest then lifted off easily, better than having arms ripped from sockets going out.

09/10/08
Legs

Squat
5x60KG
4x90KG
3x90KG
6x70KG
5x70KG

Leg Press
15x100KG
8x140KG - PB
7x140KG
15x100KG
12x125KG

RDL
5x60KG
5x60KG

Leg Curl
8x30KG

Glute Ham Raise

Decent workout, slapped another 10KG on the squats, going to stick with 90KG now until I hit 5 sets of 5 reps. Hopefully keep stepping the weight up quickly but i'm feeling good given i've noly got back to training legs properly the last 4 weeks.

Leg press was awesome, happy with 140KG. 15 rep definately gives more of a feel in the quads and a pump, I was going so light headed when I finished a set. Back felt a tiny bit odd when doing RDLs and my grip was awful so I moved on to the leg curl, which is just a pathetic exercise to be honest.

First time doing glute ham raises, think it could do my lower back some good as well as my hamstrings, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom