For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dear i have done something rather silly, seems iv talked myself in to playing american football for manchester again.

as for eggs there allll good as long as there poached or boiled, frying is bad mmmmmkay :D

cous cous isn't that bad actually, I eat quite a bit of it. :)

Oh...Well that's good then I'll carry on! ;)

Ultra...is that full eggs? Ive always been a bit wary about eating two many egg yolks from what Ive read. I also eat a lot of boiled eggs...3-4day...but tend just to eat two yolks.

I really could not be bothered with the hassle to pick out the yolk just so I can eat the white...Are the yolks REALLY that bad for you?

I mean I only ever have 3 in a day max....And that's only a few times a week.

What's wrong with fried eggs? They don't denature as they do in omlettes or scrambled eggs which in turn oxidises the cholesterol and turns it bad. Raw eggs are the best way of eating them for bio-availability though.

Raw egg white has a protein called avidin that interferes with the absorption of biotin, a B vitamin. Leaving the egg under hot running tap water for one minute is enough to solve this problem.

the frying pan mate :D

i guess if your using some veggie oil it would be ok, but id rather just have poached as they taste nicer imho.

What's wrong with fried eggs? They don't denature as they do in omlettes or scrambled eggs. Raw eggs are the best way of eating them for bio-availability though.

As he said I guess it just depends on the oil you use....But then again once every so often isn't going to do any harm to be honest.

Sadly I do like a good omlette :( And scambled eggs are nice....Although nowadays I'd tend to poach my eggs and put them on toast rather than scambling them.

coconut oil is the best oil to use, and it makes the eggs taste super! :cool:

As for the other types of eegs, it really is more to do with the heat effects on the eggs that changes their structure so to speak, thus oxidising cholesterol the more they are heated. Since there's more cholesterol in the yolks then scrambling results in more of the yolk being in contact with the hot surface of the pan.

So, soft boiling, frying but leaving yolk runny to runny'ish, poaching to leave yolks runny is ok.
Omelettes will need to be done fast and leave runnyness to the yolk and likely to the egg white.

The best way to take eggs is raw (run hot water for 1min over them before though, as I already mentioned). Not everyone can do that though - except Chong Worrior lives by 'em! :D

As for the fear of Salmonella poisoning there's always a chance, BUT if you choose free range eggs the chances are greatly reduced. Hens are happier and thusly don't get sick.

Also, salmonella isn't as bad as it's made out to be. It's a relatively benign, self-limiting illness in healthy people.

An obvious tip: smell the eggs. If they smell different to normal or "off" then don't have them.

Couple of points
1) No study has ever show a correlation between dietary cholesterol and blod cholesterol often high cholesterol foods are also high fat thus people eating these foods often have high blood cholesterol, however the two are not linked. I am testament to this as i have eaten 5-10 eggs daily for nearly 2 years now and last lot of bloods gave me perfect cholesterol (and blood pressure incidentally)

2) Pasturised eggs are the best way to avoid salmonella and other food poisonings. Free range and farmyard eggs are often NOT pasturised beware!

Those mantas have a good rep in the powerlifting community. I dont support lifting with one because i think the pain helps make you a man :D

But if you need it to squat then better that you use one than avoid squatting altogether!

Also i think at higher weights the pain may get to even the best of us! Although ive never seen a record set using one!

OMG PMSL! Has anyone else noticed the guy demonstrating the manta bar thing is wearing a PINK fricking vest!

Talk about a picture speaking a thousand words! Thats made my day!

cat164.jpg

"The Manta Ray - Helping Homo's Pretend"

Last edited:
I don't hold it at my neck, it's 1/2 down my traps nice and deeply nested into them :)

I think thats where so many new lifter get it wrong they perch the bar on their spine!

Cheets - Hold your head up more when squatting to force the bar down your back make sure to pull your shoulder blades together, this pulls the shoulders backwards and under the bar. Its all down to poor posture not 'sensitive' necks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom