dips

friday

squats 12,10,8
dead lifts 12,10,8
calf raises 20,20,20
roman dead lift 10,10,10

edit
====

second thought looks off balance, can somebody give me a good 3 day split ie m,w,f

Last edited:
Weights are getting there again after the long layoff over Christmas.

60 seconds between sets

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
5x30KG, 5x30KG, 5x30KG, 5x30KG

Free Moving Handle Lat Pulldown
5x90KG, 5x80KG, 5x80KG, 5x80KG

Seated Machine Shoulder Press
5x40KG, 5x40KG, 5x40KG, 5x40KG

Leg Press
5x150KG, 5x150KG, 5x170KG, 5x170KG

Alternating DB Curls
5x17.5KG, 5x17.5KG, 5x15KG, 5x15KG - PB

Tricep Pushdown
5x25KG, 5x25KG, 5x25KG, 5x30KG

that still makes it more expensive than MP or BSD.
I wouldnt go with something that hasn't even put the ingredients up online where its being sold.
Most likely its another brands protein just rebadged, so it shouldnt be bad stuff, but its still expensive

More than a 1/3rd off IIRC.

Which is the better stuff?

They are different products so it would be difficult to compare them, the MP whey is good for quick absorbtion after work outs where as the inner armour would be better for use in mrp's or before bed due to a slower digesting blend of protein

So basically a much of a muchness?

I was talking to a mate who has been bodybuilding for 7+ years, got a good physique and he was going to buy the above in bulk to get a big discount and asked if I wanted some. He's not really a computer person so got his stuff through gyms and word of mouth, not from the internet.

I was saying it's not better than the stuff I use and it's more expensive, so passsed on the myprotein.co.uk details with the price matcher and my 5% discount code.

Well I'm out of action for a bit.

Wrist is buggered, fingers are still recovering from a bit of a crunch playing rugby, pulled pec muscle, pulled neck muscle so generally doing anything is painful. As such I've lost a bit of motivation.

Doing some HIT/cardio and bodyweight exercises round the house and as much as I can. I need to let myself recover as I tend to push myself hard.

This sucks, but I guess I'm being sensible.

I started my foray into Gym stuff today.

Joined a Gym that my brother works at when he is in the country, and had my induction yesterday.

We chatted about what I wanted to do went over the equipment and how to use it. Nick(the owner) has sent me over an initial plan to start me off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok here s a starter programme aimed at twice a week for the 1st month just to get your body used to it-

Chest press high grip 2 warm up sets/2 medium around 10-12 reps each time
Cable cross overs 2 medium /1 slighly heavier make sure to squeeze each rep aim for 10 +
Dumbell press/barbell on incline bench 1 light/2 medium again 10-12 reps

Shoulder press machine 3 sets 12 reps
side raises 3-4 sets high reps of 15

Then only do arms or tri s

Dumbell curls 4 sets with barbell in between as we done

Or tri s kick backs 4 sets with single cables as shown on cross over machine

Back-

Lat pull 1 warm up /3 sets of 12 reps
Back machine with 3 hand grips(free weight s) 1 medium set 15 reps/ follwed by 2 sets slightly heavier 12 reps
seated pulley 1 medium set /2 heavy sets os 10 reps
Shrugs using dumbells 1 light set / 3 medium sets of 15+ reps

Tris / arms
Chest press low grip using tri s 2 light/2medium of 15+ reps
Behind head tri extensions as shown 1 light / 2 medium ofg 12 reps
Or
Cable curls for bi s 2 medium/2 heavy of 12-15 reps
Barbell using wide grip only 2 medium/2 heavy 10-12 reps finish 2 sets of light dumbells to warm down both at same time

Followed by ab work out
4 sets sit up on bench really low settting 15-25
3 sets leg raises again high reps just untill you feel burn do not push past that yet.

I would like to see you try a few leg exercises poss 3 or 4 every 3-4 sessions just to start to build on them
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what say you mighty OCUK gym rats :D

Had a bit of a flap at someone in the Gym this morning. They were occupying the smith machine which I wanted to use for my incline bench sets (we don't have a free weight incline bench :() only he was there doing unfathomable amounts of reps with no weights on the bar. I asked how much longer would he be and he said 20-30mins.. (er.. what?) I asked if he wouldn't mind me doing a few sets in between his, and he objected. I face palmed, then had a flap. The assistant came over to sort out the fuss and confirmed what I said about him not getting any benefit from next to no weight reps, and would in fact detriment any progress because of lactic acid build ups. Still he wouldn't repent his sins and I ended up doing flat bench instead, rather angrily, but I got a new PB in:

10x60kg
8x80kg
6x80kg
10x60kg
10x60kg

Not done that many reps at 80kg before. If next week it goes as well, I might try throwing in a rep or two at 90kg+ :)

Didn't do much else as I was really ticked off, but had already done these:

Assisted pull-ups:
(BW=114kg)
10x"40kg" setting
10x"40kg" setting
8x"40kg" setting
(the kneeling pad falls down if the weight is less than 15kg so I have no idea what the actuals are)

Bent Over Reverse Flys:
(weight in each hand)
10x10kg
10x10kg
10x10kg

Front Raises:
(weight in each hand)
10x10kg
10x10kg
10x10kg

Hyper extensions:
10xbw
10xbw
10xbw

I planned on doing some vertical DBP's and maybe a few curls, but the flap soaked up the time I had planned, and I was just not in the mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom