For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm out of action for a bit.

Wrist is buggered, fingers are still recovering from a bit of a crunch playing rugby, pulled pec muscle, pulled neck muscle so generally doing anything is painful. As such I've lost a bit of motivation.

Doing some HIT/cardio and bodyweight exercises round the house and as much as I can. I need to let myself recover as I tend to push myself hard.

This sucks, but I guess I'm being sensible.

Unlucky. I crocked my ankle on Saturday playing Rugby. Having been to the gym on average 4 times a week for the last month I played very well and really enjoyed myself, I really mustn't lose motivation, but my ankle is very sore. Also worth noting is that even when I was lifting to failure and achieving personal best lifts I didn't ache in the upper body half as much as I have been at the beginning of this week. Can only be a good thing I guess.

Going to try cycling and probably do an upper body weights session now.

Right, I said sod it and went to the gym anyway! :o

Squats (to below parallel):

10x100kg
9x120kg
8x130kg
8x140kg
6x150kg
6x160kg

Deadlifts:

10x100kg
8x120kg
6x140kg
5x160kg
5x180kg

Leg press:

8x180kg
6x240kg
6x270kg
5x310kg
5x330kg
4x350kg

LEg extensions:

8x100kg
8x100kg
8x100kg
8x100kg
8x100kg

Calf raises:

12x100kg
12x100kg
12x100kg
12x100kg
12x100kg

None of that hurt at all, as it didn't affect or involve any of my injured body parts.... I'm going to probably go, sod it and go tomorrow anyway! lol!

I'm glad I went I feel better for it.

How strict is everyone with the diet? I mean snack wise? Since christmas time I cant stop picking at the odd crisp/bisquits dunked in tea/deserts occasionally and chocs :o

Its a bad habit and I need to stop :(

Ankle feels a lot better for going on the crosstrainer, even if I did feel like a mincer. The low impact nature was excellent, but I didn't feel like I was about to die as I would on the running machines. Upper body work could continue as normal and with any luck I'll be able to continue lower body training by Friday.

How strict is everyone with the diet? I mean snack wise? Since christmas time I cant stop picking at the odd crisp/bisquits dunked in tea/deserts occasionally and chocs :o

Its a bad habit and I need to stop :(

I believe you should eat what you want but the key is not to over do it and to eat well 9/10 times, but let yourself go 1/10 times. Don't over indulge. A chocolate bar from time to time is fine, every day, probably not. KFC (although I find it disgusting yuck) once a week is probably ok, but any more than that then you have to ask yourself why? Eating snacks and naughty foods every day is over indulgence in my opinion, treats are meant to be treats ;)

God, it's so frustrating trying to work your back at home using only dumbells :(...

Well, lower back is pretty easy, quite a few exercises you can do for them...The rest is quite difficult.

Had a quick and easy session tonight. Still sticking with 3x10 but I'm having fun again.

Squats
100K x 10
120K x 10
140K x 10

Bench
80K x 10
90K x 10
100K x 10

Deadlift
100K x 10
130K x 10
160K x 10

Hoping to get my squats up to around 160K, bench up to 110/115K and deadlift up to 180K within the next month, should give me a good platform to start from when my mate returns from his travels and I start bulking :cool:

What about one of these?

http://www.powertrainer.co.uk/

This is what I got before getting a rack :)

Sadly not, as the door frame is right next to the wall.

Like this:
picturemk0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom