Ford Capri is back...

Soldato
That actually looks good.

I don't think Ford are making anything remotely sporty now other than the Focus ST/RS (and even those don't have the character the old ones did). Might have even cancelled that, probably to return in a few years as an electric SUV lol

Last edited:
Associate
Hideous for a new age Capri, I think they could have done something retro ISH like the Opel manta electric car they put out as a show car would Have been better.

But then I'm old and remember the Capri fondly and my dad had one

That said though, it's still not a good looking card regardless of the name imo

Last edited:
Soldato

And you know the best part is that it sits about 10 centimetres higher than a Tesla Model 3. This height gives it a strong presence while also addressing customer preferences. Sitting higher is important because it makes customers feel more secure; sitting too low can make them feel vulnerable. We didn't want it to be a tough SUV, though. The design communicates optimism, boldness, and confidence. These qualities guided our design process, ensuring the car reflects these attributes.

Yes. Our focus has been on the ‘Aspirer’ mindset, which isn't tied to a specific age group but rather a way of thinking. Throughout our design process, we conduct research three times. Initially, we delve deep into understanding our customers, gaining insights into their lifestyles and desires. Then, once we have a concept, we gather feedback from customers to see how they respond. Finally, we conduct market acceptance research, where we unveil the full car, including pricing, to gauge overall reception

Another significant challenge was the front end. The original Capri had a long hood, and to enhance the car's length, we made the front pillar black, creating a continuous line from the rear of the side profile to the front of the car. This gave the car a more graceful and elongated appearance.

delusional. ^

[Only a 5L V8, sporty enough for you?
bit expensive for ved in the EU hadn't realised california is trialling a mileage tax across ICE&BEV 4c a gallon if you have a 20mpg v8 or a 300mpg tesla model 3
]

Man of Honour
That said though, it's still not a good looking card regardless of the name imo

Good looking no, but aside from the front looking a bit toy like it doesn't look bad IMO, the back even sort of somewhat captures the Capri - sadly about the only bit which does. JonRGV250's post is much more like what it should look.

Soldato
I'm really not liking the new XR3i.

nSmae5O.jpg

:D

Associate
Strange how its being likened to a Polestar when its derived from VW's MEB platform and is essentially a rebadged ID5.

Apart from the light clusters and rear window shape it is almost the same. I think even the interior lighting controls cluster and Instrument screen are straight out the ID range (i agree the central screen and steering wheel are different).

Calling this a Capri is insulting peoples intelligence and Ford Fans alike and just looks like the latest £40k+ SUV Tonka toy that a lot of car companies seem to be churning out.

And I want to get an EV too, so not a ludite

Last edited:
Soldato
The Puma is an inferior car to the Fiesta though. Especially the ST. Quite a bit slower without the sharp handling.

Hopefully this trend of making electric SUV brick mobiles will end soon and we'll start to get interesting things for sensible prices. A lot of dealers are again refusing to buy EVs as depreciation has hit them like a nuke and they can't sell them, hopefully that will start to influence things eventually.
2nd hand stuff doesn’t define the market…

Strange how its being likened to a Polestar when its derived from VW's MEB platform and is essential lly a rebadged ID5.

Apart from the light clusters and rear window shape it is almost the same. I think

Strange? Are you for real? It looks like one and the interior is more like a polestar in the sense it’s the explorer kit lifted to MEB with the portrait screen and a couple of switchpackes doesn’t mean it’s all from ID range.

Back
Top Bottom