Forgot how bad job searching was :(

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Hmm 'Engineer' job whose role it is to sell stuff :p

I see they used to be Codework, I remember using them for something in a previous job but can't for the life of me remember what!

Sounds like a pre-sales type role to me. Are you in sales now?

Permabanned
Start training on Monday for customer service roles. Where I live near Peterlee they have loads of call centres. nPower has 3 on one site. Not what I've been wanting to do but I'll take any opportunity rather than sitting at home.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
who knew.

Thousands of Jobcentre staff will go on strike on Monday in a long-running row over "oppressive working conditions and unrealistic targets".

More than 6,000 members of the Public and Commercial Services Union in 32 call centres in England, Scotland and Wales will walk out in a repeat of industrial action first taken last year.

They claim "draconian" conditions are preventing them from providing a decent service.

Soldato
Has anyone here worked in a call center for a collections agent before? If I go back to study which I'm not fully sure about yet I'll be needing something part time for an income.

Soldato
Applied to HSBC today at their call centre. Did my phone interview however I didn't get it. She gave me feedback stating that in one of the situations she asked me about, I failed to ask what the person needed/wanted from me. Everything else was fine.

Gutted.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Applied to HSBC today at their call centre. Did my phone interview however I didn't get it. She gave me feedback stating that in one of the situations she asked me about, I failed to ask what the person needed/wanted from me. Everything else was fine.

Gutted.

I really don't understand this recruitment process. They expect too much, especially if you have no call centre experience, you haven't a clue how to handle a call. They usually offer 2-8 weeks training once you land the job anyway on all that stuff. The phone interview should just be looking for things like how your voice sounds on the phone, whether you sound confident and not nervous instead of looking for how to handle the process.

Soldato
Just done an e-mailed aptitude test for a support role, it was fairly simple, it's just one of the questions was basically a 'tell me how you arrived at this' so I basically put the equation I did in words, hopefully that's enough and hopefully the answers are correct.

Soldato
I really don't understand this recruitment process. They expect too much, especially if you have no call centre experience, you haven't a clue how to handle a call. They usually offer 2-8 weeks training once you land the job anyway on all that stuff. The phone interview should just be looking for things like how your voice sounds on the phone, whether you sound confident and not nervous instead of looking for how to handle the process.

I was thinking the same. I don't think it helped that I scheduled the call at 8AM. However she said I was confident, friendly and well spoken. Yet just because of that one area which I didn't mention she said I was unsuccessful.

Soldato
In general would you say you're better off sending a letter by post or applying via a website or an email or a bloody recruitment consultant....?

I've found recruitment consultants to be absolutely appalling. I just apply via jobsite, reed, and e-mail. I'm not having much luck at the moment though.

Congrats Throrik, good luck for your interview. :)

Associate
I had a letter from a company I'd applied to, turned out to be a rejection. Thought it was a bit cruel, I'd imagine the majority of people would assume they had an interview if they got physical mail from a company.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
In general would you say you're better off sending a letter by post or applying via a website or an email or a bloody recruitment consultant....?

I've usually just applied by whichever method is on the ad, usually it's been either an online form or sending through a cv and cover letter electronically.

If the job is through a recruiter then I'll apply through them, end of the day if it's a job I'm interested in I'll apply any way it asks :)

Back
Top Bottom