Former Russian double agent seriously ill in Salisbury.

Soldato
Its not about Salisbury though, its about geopolitics and in particular the way Russia behaves.
You cant just go round offing people you dont like, especially in a foreign country

what you mean like the way the UK and the US do with drones all over the middle east. So its ok for us to talk about "security for us", but then condemn Russia for allegedly doing the same ? what a load of hypocritical bull ****

Soldato
what you mean like the way the UK and the US do with drones all over the middle east. So its ok for us to talk about "security for us", but then condemn Russia for allegedly doing the same ? what a load of hypocritical bull ****

I know what you are saying but they are not the same situation. Last time I looked Salisbury was not a recognised war zone by the UN. As far as we know Skripal was not a threat to the lives of anyone and he was not calling on others to commit acts of violence. There is also the fact that we follow an open and transparent judicial process before drone striking UK citizens.

Soldato
I know what you are saying but they are not the same situation. Last time I looked Salisbury was not a recognised war zone by the UN. As far as we know Skripal was not a threat to the lives of anyone and he was not calling on others to commit acts of violence. There is also the fact that we follow an open and transparent judicial process before drone striking UK citizens.

No the UK don't, they run black ops and drone strikes with nothing more than a nod from a suit in either intelligence or the military. Moreover most of the middle east targets are not in recognised warzones that we have even admitted to or agreed to engage in war, thus it is a blatant infringement on another countries sovereignty

Soldato
Caporegime
You said

There is also the fact that we follow an open and transparent judicial process before drone striking UK citizens.

But there is literally no judicial process when drone striking UK citizens. There is no conviction in a court of law, nor any judicial oversight. Parliament don't even get a say on it.

I'm not saying it's wrong, the World is grey not black and white but there is no judicial process.

Soldato
No the UK don't, they run black ops and drone strikes with nothing more than a nod from a suit in either intelligence or the military. Moreover most of the middle east targets are not in recognised warzones that we have even admitted to or agreed to engage in war, thus it is a blatant infringement on another countries sovereignty

If you can show evidence for this I will certainly change my mind. Yeman is certainly a grey area sure. But to be specific we are talking about the killing of our own citizens.

Soldato
You said

But there is literally no judicial process when drone striking UK citizens. There is no conviction in a court of law, nor any judicial oversight. Parliament don't even get a say on it.

I'm not saying it's wrong, the World is grey not black and white but there is no judicial process.

Yep possibly I am wrong to use the word judicial.

Soldato
As a neutral I have to say you just don't threaten Russia, they earned that right after 20 million+ casualties in ww2 and still winning. I hope things deescalate, there is no scenario that Britain comes out as a winner. Even if Russia assassinated a traitor on british soil, so be it.

There is always a lot of propaganda against Russia. A secretly developed nerve agent that UK managed to identify in a couple of days yet refuses to share evidence, one month before Russian elections in a public place? I doubt it... I'm a bit sad that the cynical brits are blinded by patriotism.

Caporegime
As a neutral I have to say you just don't threaten Russia, they earned that right after 20 million+ casualties in ww2 and still winning. I hope things deescalate, there is no scenario that Britain comes out as a winner. Even if Russia assassinated a traitor on british soil, so be it.

There is always a lot of propaganda against Russia. A secretly developed nerve agent that UK managed to identify in a couple of days yet refuses to share evidence one month before Russian elections in a public place? I doubt it... I'm a bit sad that cynical brits are blinded by patriotism.

So is a Russian death during WW2 somehow more valuable than a lost life from the UK?

I'm a bit sad that you are so blinded by Russian propaganda.................

Soldato
So is a Russian death during WW2 somehow more valuable than a lost life from the UK?

I'm a bit sad that you are so blinded by Russian propaganda.................
What Russian propaganda? All I'm saying it just doesn't add up to me and most british people that are famous for their cynicism are not responding as I was expecting. A few did express the same thoughts as me though.

Where did I mention value of life? All I said is you just don't mess with Russia unless your national borders are threatened and most of the world knows that.

Soldato
Who knew the OcUK forums were on the Russian troll factory radar...learn something new everyday.

So everyone who doesn't religiously believe the official government propaganda, questioning the whole process is a product of the Russian troll factory?
So that basically anyone who disagrees is the enemy?

That reminds a completely different ideology, that lead to WWII, not democracy and freedom of speech...

Do you know what Novichok is and how it came about?
Do you know where it was actually produced historically according to it's own creator? (can help you here in Baltic states including Ukraine and Georgia also)
Hell even it's own creator (living in USA) took tweeter saying the formula is on his book!!
Also why this so called agent more potent than Sarin and VX is not on OPCW list?
(FYI OPCW is listing freely even the chemical composition for each so antidotes can be created immediately when needed).

Caporegime
What Russian propaganda? All I'm saying it just doesn't add up to me and most british people that are famous for their cynicism are not responding as I was expecting. A few did express the same thoughts as me though.

Where did I mention value of life? All I said is you just don't mess with Russia unless your national borders are threatened and most of the world knows that.

Latvia and Poland lost more as a % of population that Russia during WW2, should Russia therefore not mess with them?

Soldato

There is always a lot of propaganda against Russia. A secretly developed nerve agent that UK managed to identify in a couple of days yet refuses to share evidence, one month before Russian elections in a public place? I doubt it... I'm a bit sad that the cynical brits are blinded by patriotism.

The United Kingdom is a founding member of NATO which is the most powerful military alliance the world has ever seen, if Russia wishes to commit attacks with biological weapons on our soil then it's not just the British they are attacking.

At this point I feel we do need to provide evidence Russia did do this though, I'm unsure why we wouldn't do that - that's not to say that failure to do this means Russia didn't do it, there may be reasons why we aren't doing that that we're unaware of.

Man of Honour
The United Kingdom is a founding member of NATO which is the most powerful military alliance the world has ever seen, if Russia wishes to commit attacks with biological weapons on our soil then it's not just the British they are attacking.

It would be interesting to see what actually happened if NATO was put to the test in a serious escalation.

Back
Top Bottom