Former Russian double agent seriously ill in Salisbury.

Man of Honour
I have to be honest, my answer would be 'Any'.
I would need more info to nail it down to a year.

Fair enough - when someone starts banding around Allies in a headline about acts of war etc. if it wasn't for a connection to recent events my mind would go to the most significant use of it in modern history - I don't think there is anything particularly unusual about that. With that in the back of my mind it is a bit eerie to see Allies used in a military context with the UK and Germany in the same camp. This isn't in any way a confusion with our status over the last few decades.

Not even sure why I'm explaining myself here really as there is nothing exactly outrageous about that but it seems to be the theme of today on these forums.

Soldato
I can't believe what a drama is being made out of this....guess it's useful distraction from the Brexit train wreck.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for people that get into dark and dirty regions of the intelligence services, and then turn traitor. If he was one of ours he'd be a treasonous terrorist lowlife. The hypocrisy is absolutely staggering especially considering the company we keep with the US that simply doesn't give one flying frick about the sovereignty of any country.

Man of Honour
I agree, I was just giving my answer :)
I've done a lot of War trips with the most recent one being Berlin so I know the word Allies refers to any time.

Don't think I've actually visited any WW2 related sites in Germany, done some of those in France and other European countries, etc. for some reason one of things that stayed with me the most was seeing structures that still bore the scars of that war.

Soldato

Interesting phone-ins to Farage. Caller after caller expressing their loathing of Corbyn and what he stands for, yet agreeing with what he said on Monday. One caller also pointed out how difficult it was to believe anything the government said, when soldiers are walking around in "space suits" (hazmat suits) while everyone else is being asked to use baby wipes on dishes.

Soldato
Not wanting to derail the thread but... has anyone considered the sheer volume of "news" about this incident?

I avoid MS like the plague but it is appearing everywhere... radio stations, just in passing. Feeds (even when I'm not giving two poops about it). It's like there is a fervour around it and it is being pushed solely by MP's, Politicians and the press (Corbyn: Putins Puppet)...

Serious question: Do you think that this one instance of a dubious issue... is being used to distract the Public from the grooming gangs in Telford? I have to say, I seriously do. They are trying to distract us from the far bigger issue (gargantuan in fact) and it's working, sadly.

Man of Honour
Caller after caller expressing their loathing of Corbyn and what he stands for, yet agreeing with what he said on Monday

I broadly agree with what he said but I don't for one moment believe his goal with what he said is the same as mine for that course of action.

Associate
Not wanting to derail the thread but... has anyone considered the sheer volume of "news" about this incident?

I avoid MS like the plague but it is appearing everywhere... radio stations, just in passing. Feeds (even when I'm not giving two poops about it). It's like there is a fervour around it and it is being pushed solely by MP's, Politicians and the press (Corbyn: Putins Puppet)...

Serious question: Do you think that this one instance of a dubious issue... is being used to distract the Public from the grooming gangs in Telford? I have to say, I seriously do. They are trying to distract us from the far bigger issue (gargantuan in fact) and it's working, sadly.

no i don't. you could say the same thing about brexit taking priority over the health service, the same goes for any story that captures the lime light for more than a few days. The fact is one story will take priority over another, and the chioice is down to the editor depending on what they think the public most wants to here. obviously it doesn't fit with what you think is important. The government does not control the press, they can put out information but they can't force a story to be prioriticed over another.

Thats is the benefit of living with a free press, if you don't like one source, find another

Soldato
Tonight listened at BBR R4 a cabinet minister in the Parliament saying that Russia is behind the attack, because Russia are the warmongers who invaded Syria!!!
And was applauded not only the MPs but by the media later on.

After that, you should be left on your own, and you are responsible of what you believe and what you vote for. In addition you are responsible of what falls on your own heads.

Don't drag the rest of Europe/NATO down the sewers with you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Financial bottom isn't same as post war bottom.....
The globe will be on equal par post war. I find it amusing when you hear people discussing action beyond diplomacy as if it will be some 2 day skirmish and a few rounds will get fired off.

The world and the people in it have gone mad.

Caporegime
They are sending their report, not sending any ACTUAL sample which is what is required under international law.

The OPCW are coming to the UK to conduct an interdependent Analysis and Investigation which will include analysis of the compounds (otherwise what is the point and how would the investigation be either independent or the body retain its impartial status).

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems the nerve agent was inside the daughters suitcase. The levels of tinfoil in this thread are amazing, this is exactly the type of confusion and obscuring that the Russian state thrives on.

Just like Litvinenko I am certain we will show beyond reasonable doubt Russia is behind this. Or do those who think this is a false flag also think the poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko wasn't Russia either?

Back
Top Bottom