Formula E, 2018-2019

Caporegime
OP
Some of the format decisions seem...klunky. Also hope they can get the production sorted, audio, screen info, camera direction was all over the show.

Yeah, the graphics seemed off, and the director did a poor job of following the action. More driver name captions would help too, so we know who we're following. Still, I rather enjoyed the race. Plenty of action throughout, and the "Attack Mode" didn't feel as contrived as I thought it would but rather a more tactical element. Fan Boost sucks though.

Soldato
Some of the format decisions seem...klunky. Also hope they can get the production sorted, audio, screen info, camera direction was all over the show.
This was my overwhelming feeling - if it's going to catch on, it needs commentary that understands what's going on and for the on screen graphics need to be better. The running order kept changing incorrectly and then back again, showing yellow flags when there weren't any. Came across very amateur for a high profile FIA series.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
tried sitting through that first race and to say this is now a 4 year old series it still seems extremely clunky and amateurish. and to say the cars are faster now it just doesnt seem exciting what so ever. shame as with the jump in power and speed i was expecting something more but as it stands its going to be another few years i guess before it gets better or at least some excitement.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Yes, watched the race on Saturday.
Thought overall it was a good race, but kept thinking they need to change gear :p
Graphics definitely need an improvement and on the BBC red button, the BBC logo covered the lap counter...
Why the random cut in as well from some American commentator on occasion who seemed to be in a different room?!

It would be great though if the coverage had extended to show qualifying, and also the new iPace series that is supposed to follow the championship.
I was hoping the Roborace would be shown later in the season as well, but looks like BBC are just showing the main race.

Slightly concerned about some regulations, two of the front running cars getting drive through for a technical infringement of using too much power?!?!
Not sure I fully understand that and surely the general audience probably won’t either.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
the technical rules on too much power is guff i know its supposed to be green but its racing, much like how f1 is the same with trying to save fuel you just dont get the fastest races.

and yeah i wondered what was going on with the american commentator chirping in a few times. they probably dont want to show the ipace race as its probably more exciting :D

Soldato
I didn't even know this was on BBC, I looked for it and saw that it was on BT Sport. I haven't really kept up with it, things like fan boost put me off watching it.

Just watched the highlights of the i pace race on youtube, seemed to be just full of horrible noises, a constant screeching noise.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Good action in the first race, just a shame about the milk float noises.

JEV looks like he's going to do well again this year.

Associate
the technical rules on too much power is guff i know its supposed to be green but its racing, much like how f1 is the same with trying to save fuel you just dont get the fastest races.

and yeah i wondered what was going on with the american commentator chirping in a few times. they probably dont want to show the ipace race as its probably more exciting :D

American guy has been there since day one, usually comes in with a bit of extra insite or news from the pits, does sound a bit random as sounds like he is coming in from somwhere different and commentators often speak over him or seem not to be expecting his input....

From what i could make out, the power infringements was partly due to lack of track time and therefore tuning with the new cars as practice sessions were curtailed due to bad weather. Sure it was mentioned that the infringement actually occurred on wheel spin on a damp patch. They did mention a few times that they cars could run pretty much 100% the whole race, especially with a couple of full course yellows in the mix. Hopefully will be back to norm with the next race as established track and more data on the cars.

Teams are going to have to fine tune their tactics of attack mode. Definitely an interesting one to observe. Seemed like was best to use on safetycar inlap as you dont get the penalty of running off line to activate and then get use as soon as safety car comes in.

Sort of missed the car swap as always added an interesting dynamic.

Associate
Santiago round has just finished and I have to say it was an excellent race which had everything. Best FE I've seen in a while... frankly one of the best races in any series I've seen in a while.

Was a good race, think Di Grassi will just want to write the day off. Everything that could go wrong did! Although the penalty he recieved after quali seems a bit ridiculous. Really odd rule to bring in!

Good to see a brit on the top step and good effort by Werhlien considering his experience in the series.

Don't hold much hope for Massa this year!

Back
Top Bottom