Fortnite free to play 26th Sept

Soldato
They've updated the map with new locations and cities. Graphics look better and also runs buttery smooth.

Amazes me how no one on here talks about it. It's a polished game unlike pugb. Has 40 million playing it and very positive reddit following.

EPIC are quite active on there and regularly take suggestions and put them in the game within a few weeks. E.g. someone drew out a suggestion of a village, design and placement and it was put in.

Man of Honour
They've updated the map with new locations and cities. Graphics look better and also runs buttery smooth.

Amazes me how no one on here talks about it. It's a polished game unlike pugb. Has 40 million playing it and very positive reddit following.

EPIC are quite active on there and regularly take suggestions and put them in the game within a few weeks. E.g. someone drew out a suggestion of a village, design and placement and it was put in.

I'm also very surprised no one is talking about it. It's really, really good, and you're right, Epic are doing a great job of supporting it and reacting to the community. I don't think I've seen anything quote like it to be honest.

Man of Honour
Soldato
I'm also very surprised no one is talking about it. It's really, really good, and you're right, Epic are doing a great job of supporting it and reacting to the community. I don't think I've seen anything quote like it to be honest.

It really is impressive. They will test something and depending on player feedback adjust within a few days.

I normally don't buy in game items but spent some money in the shop for cosmetic items. They are brilliant and deserve the praise and support they are getting. Bungie could really learn a thing or two.

Soldato
OP
I'm assuming this will make more of a difference to you console types, right? I imagine you don't have the same video settings available as on PC, therefore you don't have the option to simply turn things down if you want more FPS and rely more on these sort of improvements.
Yep no real options other than uncap framerate which is a shame.

My only negative comment on the game would be the cost of things like costumes. I want to support the devs but I'm not paying upwards of £10 for what is essentially a skin.

Soldato

My only negative comment on the game would be the cost of things like costumes. I want to support the devs but I'm not paying upwards of £10 for what is essentially a skin.

The battlepass is £8. Worth it tbh as the daily challenges help to hit the milestones. Something to always be working for and includes skins.

Man of Honour
I normally don't buy in game items but spent some money in the shop for cosmetic items. They are brilliant and deserve the praise and support they are getting. Bungie could really learn a thing or two.

It's having the same effect on me. I am not the kind of person who pays for cosmetics or anything really in a free to play game, but I've been happy to pay for the Battle Pass and have got my eye on a few of the cheaper items, I'm just waiting for them to rotate in to the shop again :p

Yeah that is disappointing. I don't see why they couldn't let you turn things down, it isn't as if they're worried about competitive advantage as they allow loads on PC, as well as the fact that crossplay between PS4 and PC works :p

Regardless, I'm glad to hear it's made a difference for the "base" PS4. This is likely a large part of the target player base so it's a good move from them.

I agree with you here. Although I've been happy to buy the pass, I would find it difficult to justify the 1200 vBucks for a skin, despite some of them being amazing (especially Crackshot :D)

I expect (and really hope) that the current high prices are part of their overall high pricing at the moment. I don't think the game will achieve long term financial success if they continue the high pricing too long after the PVE part releases for free and the entire product break out of "Early Access", whatever that even means nowadays.

Man of Honour
Hmm may invest in that case. I thought it was more like £20. Not looked in while tbh.

Yeah it's good value, although if you buy it now (at any point after the 11th January I believe), it is impossible to reach the top tier (70) and get the Black Knight even if you do all the daily challenges and reach max level. It does, however, include a few good things not mentioned such as rewards of vBucks at certain levels (I believe it pays you back the amount that it costs), however they will have to be used in the shop as the next Battle Pass won't be purchasable by vBucks, only by real money.

:edit: This season's battle pass also gives you a head start on the next one, I think. Check the recent patch notes as I think I read it in there.

Soldato
Yeah it's good value, although if you buy it now (at any point after the 11th January I believe), it is impossible to reach the top tier (70) and get the Black Knight even if you do all the daily challenges and reach max level. It does, however, include a few good things not mentioned such as rewards of vBucks at certain levels (I believe it pays you back the amount that it costs), however they will have to be used in the shop as the next Battle Pass won't be purchasable by vBucks, only by real money.

:edit: This season's battle pass also gives you a head start on the next one, I think. Check the recent patch notes as I think I read it in there.

Yeah exactly the amount of vbucks you can earn from hitting milestones is often enough go get the skin of your choice when on discount.

Prob worth waiting for the next season now though.

Soldato
I played Fortnite for about 5 mins on PC last year and just shrugged it off as a PUBG clone.

Last week, realised that it's on PS4. Not sure how, but it completely slipped passed me that it's even on PS4 and it's free to play. It's a great game, very highly polished for early access and free to play, it puts PUBG to shame really. Looks and performs really well on PS4 Pro, even if it is displayed at resolution of 1080, looks brilliant.

I've been clocking a few hours a night on it, a lot of fun. Also surprised there's not much chatter of it on here.

Man of Honour
Too cartoony for me and I hate the building aspect.

If you want a realistic game then this isn't for you :p

What is it about the building you dislike? It can be frustrating if you're not used to the game and you end up getting beaten by people who build or are significantly better than you at it, but I can't see why you would hate it as a concept. It adds to the gameplay; as another thing to master it creates a skill gap and a learning curve which is a necessity for long term success in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom