Fortnite free to play 26th Sept

Man of Honour
Partly because it seems easier and partly because I keep getting sniped before I've even hit the floor on PC which is annoying.

Can I ask how you go about the beginning of the game. Specifically how/when you go about jumping from the bus, pulling your umbrella/glider, and landing. I've never been shot out of the sky, I'm interested to hear what others do differently that makes this happen.

Caporegime
Usually leave it late, aim for the buildings on hills out of the way of other people and go down as fast as possible until I manually deploy the glider just above the lip of the hill.

I've sniped a few people myself while they've still been in the air but usually when they're close to the ground rather than a mile up. Could just be better players making better use of the mouse than me though.

Edit: Just to add, I've got a poverty PC (medium/high @ 3440x1440) and PS4 and it ran buttery smooth on both devices even before the patch. Seems a very well optimised game which is weird in this day and age, even more so for a free game.

Man of Honour
Usually leave it late, aim for the buildings on hills out of the way of other people and go down as fast as possible until I manually deploy the glider just above the lip of the hill.

OK, big tip, go either straight down and then glide with as much horizontal speed as possible to get to your final destination, or pick somewhere far away perpendicular to the bus path and maximise the distance sideways including gliding. That way, people can't possibly be on the ground before you. Aim so that you'll pull your glider at quite a distance, and glide in. From what you've said it sounds like you dive right down/on to your target and then hang on your glider a bit waiting to get down. Others who have got down to glider deployment height earlier (by diving earlier, diving shallow and running short, or by waiting until late and diving straight down to somewhere *just* within gliding distance) than you will hit the ground before you and then be able to takes pops at you.

:edit: if this doesn't make too much sense, try watching a few YouTubers/streamers. Dakotaz is my favourite, he sounds just like Badger from Breaking Bad if that helps :p

Soldato
Had my first go on this today, I think I like it. I must try and get used to the building aspect as that seems key towards the end!

Runs well, nice u.i. and makes good use of the controller for lots of different options. First game I did fairly well, then next few died almost right away :).

Can we have a set character? It seems to just randomise each match?

Soldato
This game fun is great fun I got my first two solo wins yesterday, anyone brought the battle pass at the start ? How did you find the progression?

Man of Honour
Have you found the grind ok? I think i will get the next battle pass as i have missed quiet a lot of weeks.

If you've been playing then you haven't really "missed" anything by not buying it earlier, it will grant you the levels you would have unlocked during your play this season.

It's worth noting that Epic have said that the battle pass rewards are exclusive in this season, you won't be able to get them ever again apparently.

This must be getting more popular by the day, my game session timed out while I was in the lobby AFK and I've had to queue for 3 minutes just to open the game again from the launcher... bizarre but I suppose it must keep server load down.

Soldato
If you've been playing then you haven't really "missed" anything by not buying it earlier, it will grant you the levels you would have unlocked during your play this season.

It's worth noting that Epic have said that the battle pass rewards are exclusive in this season, you won't be able to get them ever again apparently.

This must be getting more popular by the day, my game session timed out while I was in the lobby AFK and I've had to queue for 3 minutes just to open the game again from the launcher... bizarre but I suppose it must keep server load down.

I missed out on the stars you get from the extra daily challanges that come with the battle pass, I only wanted the last two outfits I don't think I will make it before the battle pass ends if i buy it now.

The servers have been horrid for me tonight lots of rubber banding :(

Man of Honour
I missed out on the stars you get from the extra daily challanges that come with the battle pass, I only wanted the last two outfits I don't think I will make it before the battle pass ends if i buy it now.

Yeah I suppose that's true. Unless you want to fork out... it is really expensive though!

Soldato
Yeah I suppose that's true. Unless you want to fork out... it is really expensive though!

Yea the prices are a bit of joke outside of the the battle pass, I know I will give in and but an outfit when the right one comes along....

Man of Honour
I brought the battle pass anyway...these developers deserve my money I'm level 22 at the moment I wonder if i can make it to 56....
By completing the daily challenges (5 stars each) every day, you'll gain 28 tiers (as you get two challenges per day and each tier is 10 stars), any further will depend on how much you level your account. You get 1 star for each level, or 5 for every 5 levels and 10 for every 10 levels. For an increase in 50 levels (a significant amount of playtime...) you'd gain 11.5 tiers on your battlepass. So realistically, you're only going to get 30. I'd play like a beast, making sure never to miss a day and buy the "10 battlepass tiers for the price of 6" that's currently on offer.

Soldato
By completing the daily challenges (5 stars each) every day, you'll gain 28 tiers (as you get two challenges per day and each tier is 10 stars), any further will depend on how much you level your account. You get 1 star for each level, or 5 for every 5 levels and 10 for every 10 levels. For an increase in 50 levels (a significant amount of playtime...) you'd gain 11.5 tiers on your battlepass. So realistically, you're only going to get 30. I'd play like a beast, making sure never to miss a day and buy the "10 battlepass tiers for the price of 6" that's currently on offer.

So i will get to level 49 just doing the challenges ...then agian I am bound to miss more than few days, ow well happy with the current items and I got some vbucks = that can go towards the raptor outfit if it shows up again.
Do you know if stars carry over to the next level? I have 7 at the moment If i were to buy a tier or 10 battle pass tiers would they carry over to the next level?
Edit: never mind the stars carry over if you buy a tier.

Last edited:
Soldato
This game is just so much fun to play I bought the battlepass and a legendary skin as I'm really happy with the product

If I complete all my dailies and reach LV 100 I should reach the black Knight skin by season end

The ACDC pick axe is also really cool so I just honestly can't play enough of this game

Soldato
Starting to get better at game, got my first solo win on Friday evening. Still a long way to go, find close range duel challenging.

Anyhow anyone fancy doing duos or squads add me @ UTiii

PS4

Just make sure to mention ocuk in message as getting a lot of spam friend requests

Edit. Did clip it and upload to tube
https://youtu.be/4HMo_SCZt_I

Back
Top Bottom