Fortnite free to play 26th Sept

Soldato
Gives you the ability to unlock more items, faster leveling, vbucks credited at certain levels. Extra challenges, outfits, backpacks, gliders, flying fx, emotes etc etc. It's just more fun levelling up and have more to play for.

Soldato
I am so bad at the combat in the game :p

Generally make it through to the last few by not being an idiot. But beyond that? Zero chance.

Soldato
Decided to have a go at this after watching my girlfriends son playing it. It's good fun, first few games I ended up dying without getting any kills but last night I got down to the final four. I need to work on my building skills as my hut was nothing compared to the other players forts.

Soldato
OP
Just practice the occasional 1x1 with a ramp at the map edge and a wall+ramp to get it down. You can now just hold R2 and spin around to make a quick box since the last patch.

My building still needs work but getting slowly better. Easy to mess up mid gun gun fight.

Associate
I'm not convinced. I see it so often two people get in a gun fight, both build a mini base and duke it out for 5 minutes. By the time someone does 'win' there's a bunch of players sat waiting in nearby bushes after both your loot. If someone gets the jump on me and there's no terrain to take advantage off (brow of a hill etc.) or they're too close I only then build a structure to aid my escape.

Soldato
Thats just timing, if you dont build to protect yourself chances are the guy in the gun fight will kill you or as you mentioned the guy waiting for your loot will shoot you in the back. 100% the best way to combat is building then challenging.

Although there PC players youtube Ninja fortnite and TSM Myth my word those guys are world class. Over 1500 Solo wins a piece.

Man of Honour
Coming to mobile?! https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/mobile-announce

gy4yWUUl.jpg

I'll be interested to see how this performs. So far Epic have been quite impressive with tweaking performance for lower end hardware.

Do people think this will really catch on? I realise Fortnite is massive, but playing mobile will undoubtedly have its costs in terms of limited control and I expect most of the market will have - by now - already bought a console or PC to play.

Soldato
OP
Yeah saw that on IGN earlier. Hopefully is crossplay so I can smash people trying to build on a touch screen. ;)

In all seriousness though, is this bluetooth pad only?

Back
Top Bottom