*** Forum Update - Official Issues Thread - Please check the OP for known issues ***

Soldato
Never heard of one tap authy authentication, but if it is indeed a thing that can be enabled on the forum, I support the request.

Glad you extended 2fa timeout. :)

Soldato
I thought that, but Chrome doesn't seem to have that option available.
I'm sure it will have. Every Chromium based browser I've used does (as well as Firefox, Safari and everything else I've ever used). On Brave (Chromium based) it's a case of clicking the padlock on the address bar > Site settings > Autoplay > Block. I'm sure chrome will be (very) similar.

Edit: Additionally, if you go to a forum page with media on it you should get a little play icon in the address bar. Click that and change it from allow to ask or block.

Soldato
I'm sure it will have. Every Chromium based browser I've used does (as well as Firefox, Safari and everything else I've ever used). On Brave (Chromium based) it's a case of clicking the padlock on the address bar > Site settings > Autoplay > Block. I'm sure chrome will be (very) similar.
First place I looked. No such option.

fBdZR0o.png

Clicking on 'Site Settings' shows no such option either.

Soldato
This is a really silly question.

Is it autoplaying because you've at some point set it on the reddit site to autoplay?
In which case going to reddit and telling it not to might be the way to do it.

I thought that to, but the first thing I do on a site like Reddit is block media from autoplaying. Have just checked to be certain and autoplay on Reddit is indeed switched off.

Soldato
@Malevolence it seems Google removed from Chrome the ability to kill autoplay recently. I just installed Chromium to check for you, and when I couldn't find it I went searching. More nonsense from google. Chrome is absolutely woeful for privacy anyway, switch to Brave (or Vivaldi, or whatever) instead. Not only do they care more about your privacy, but they retain normal options like 'disable autoplay on this site'. :p

Back
Top Bottom