Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Caporegime
We might not be happy with the price, but after a rocky start I'm so glad we are living in an age where we can now play some of the best Microsoft exclusive titles on PC with unlocked framerates and lots of graphics options.

Soldato
I hope PC gamers will not buy this game as long as it is Windows store exclusive. The low/nonexistent sales will then force MS to offer the game on Steam and retail just like what happened with Quantum Break.

Currently the game costs 70 euros for me, in a country where this is 1/13th of average monthly salary.

So I will pass and wait for the retail or Steam. If those never come, I will at least wait for a sale. 70 euros is insane.

Soldato
I hope PC gamers will not buy this game as long as it is Windows store exclusive. The low/nonexistent sales will then force MS to offer the game on Steam and retail just like what happened with Quantum Break.

Currently the game costs 70 euros for me, in a country where this is 1/13th of average monthly salary.

So I will pass and wait for the retail or Steam. If those never come, I will at least wait for a sale. 70 euros is insane.

The problem with that is, who says they will turn to steam and not just give up on Play Anywhere, moving the games back to being Xbox One exclusive?

AAA Games on steam aren't really much cheaper now either.

Soldato
The Forza name unfortunately commands the extra price over other game titles. It doesn't make it better than them but that's life. I'm certainly not happy with the price, but as a pure PC master race person I'm glad Horizon 3 is on PC at all.

Associate

While I do agree that it's not great being Windows Store exclusive the fact that it supports Play Anywhere more than makes up for that limitation for me.

Associate
So the game is out this Friday or is it only for the ultimate version buyers etc?
Waiting to see how pc version fairs as I don't own an xbox one

Soldato
OP
Don't waste your money on a wheel dude This is a fast paced arcade racer at heart, better played in an external view. A wheel has never felt right for previous forza horizon games, controller and lounging back on a chair or sofa is better. Now full phat Forza Motorsport 7 on pc, hell yes get a wheel then.

Soldato
sofa aint gonna happen this is gonna be played on my x34 and 1080 :D can lie horizontal tho in my dx racer :D please tell me this will have 21:9 support lol

sweet ill stick with pad then!

phew! quick google and it does have 21:9 support

bought ultimate edition! and no plans weekend!

u lot gonna be on discord for this?

Last edited:

Sem

Sem

Soldato

i am kind of hoping the same not just for Forza but for Gears of war 4 and the remasted one

but truth is i dont think it will happen

Remedy is not an MS owned studio so they are the ones who probably pushed to have it on Steam

i cant see MS doing it for their other games even if it sells poorly

Associate
I don't think I've ever paid so much for a PC game before but damn do I love this series! As much as I think it is too expensive, I feel compelled to support games like this coming to our platform.

Plenty of us have been missing a Forza for PC for so long, it's really great that we finally get in on. A Horizon game, and hopefully if it sells on PC a future, fully fledged Forza :cool:

Associate
It's a bit scummy how the deluxe version is coming out "early"

It's not "early" it's "let's sell the most expensive version a few days early so it makes those gamers spend more just to play the game sooner"
There is zero reasons why they had to stagger the release other than money imo

Annoying as I'm tempted to get this but no way am I spending £80 on a game I'm not 100% sure I'd play loads anyway.

I bought FIFA 17 and Battlefield 1 for £62 combined ffs!

Soldato
It's a bit scummy how the deluxe version is coming out "early"

It's not "early" it's "let's sell the most expensive version a few days early so it makes those gamers spend more just to play the game sooner"
There is zero reasons why they had to stagger the release other than money imo

Annoying as I'm tempted to get this but no way am I spending £80 on a game I'm not 100% sure I'd play loads anyway.

I bought FIFA 17 and Battlefield 1 for £62 combined ffs!

Until you need to buy the BF1 expansions of course :p. I agree it's expensive but to me it all depends on your expectations and what you plan to get out of the game.

£80 for a night out is expensive sometimes and not other times. Why can't a game work that way too?

Soldato
If I can do £1 per hour out of this then I don't mind.

If I put a couple of hundred hours into it then it's a bargain. Same when people moan about Battlefield prices and then put over a thousand hours in to it. It works out costing next to nothing.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Same here, I've put a silly amount of hours into the Forza series and how no issue paying for the ultimate edition. I would end up buying the DLC, car pass and VIP anyway!

In other news, do you new guys know about Forza Rewards? Its basically free in game credits, I'm tier 8 and get 400,000 a week for each game out of it a week. :D

Claim the rewards on the site (or the Forza Hub app on Win10 or XB) then you will find a message in game to download the credits. Easy and well worth doing. :)

https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/

Soldato
Same here, I've put a silly amount of hours into the Forza series and how no issue paying for the ultimate edition. I would end up buying the DLC, car pass and VIP anyway!

In other news, do you new guys know about Forza Rewards? Its basically free in game credits, I'm tier 8 and get 400,000 a week for each game out of it a week. :D

Claim the rewards on the site (or the Forza Hub app on Win10 or XB) then you will find a message in game to download the credits. Easy and well worth doing. :)

https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/

Thanks for the heads up, sadly I have never owned an Xbox or Forza game and as a result don't get anything :(.

Back
Top Bottom