Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
I'd imagine 8 gig of system ram being enough however I couldn't say. I've been using 16 gig plus in my systems since 2013 (ram seemed cheap and logical option as I went all new)

Associate
Just bought ultimate edition too! Probably most expensive game I've bought I felt a bit sick paying that much hah, got it for £70.50 in the end by using gift cards and FB discount code.

Soldato
As much as I can afford the 79 quid, I simply refused to outlay it on a PC game when I have sooooo many already I don't play enough. I did cave in and got the standard edition but it will anoy the 'ship out of me waiting till Monday.

Soldato
Yeah I was on the edge thinking "do I REALLY need spend that much" when the standard edition will be plenty.

Does anyone know if the "challenge a car anywhere to a race" is back in like Forza Horizon 2 had? They just drove around as AI and could press X and challenge them.

Associate
Well it does recommend 12gb

In terms of framerate I guess it's more likely to give you hitching and slow loading times than directly affect framerate though.

Forza Apex runs smoothly for me 90% of the time, maybe a bit of hitching at the start. I'll see how it runs and buy a used 2x 4GB Kit if not good enough.

Soldato
wow think i touched a nerve!

come jets in BF3 id embarrass about 99.9995 % of the population in the UK..

i hardly play driving games except dirt 3 and old colin mcray games so yea people who play these kinda games all day should do like i would anyone at BF3.. see my point?

u may aswell drive a train if ur gonna use racing line completely ruins the immersion!
No I dont get your point. People are good at different things. It's quite proportionate to the amount of time spent on trying to get good at these things, obviously. You clearly spent a fair amount of time flying jets in BF3 and haven't played much in the way of racing games.

Which makes it all the more ridiculous for you to criticize 'console gamers' for utilizing a driving line aid when you sound like you'd probably benefit from one greatly as well due to not knowing much about motorsports and the intricacies of racing lines.

In terms of immersion, this is perhaps one of the most subjective areas in gaming. People experience and look for immersion in different ways and degrees. Some people dont even care about it. They're gonna play FH3 in 3rd person chase camera and just treat it like some arcade game. Others will hook up their T500's and use cockpit view exclusively spending most of their time just driving around without any specific objective.

Either way, your condescending attitude is unjustified. I'm pretty confident that were you to join in a competitive race with any halfway competitive room, you'd end up one of those total embarrassments who cant even get round the track properly without crashing every other corner without the racing line. Ironically, YOU are the exact sort of person the driving line is built for. People who want to be able to not suck massively and still enjoy the competitive aspects of the game. Anybody who is more serious about it is going to simply have to learn how to drive better. Which it sounds like you're not even willing to do. Which makes your condescending view of people who use the racing line aid totally hilarious.

Soldato
I use driving lines exclusively for awareness of speed. Helps with breaking definitely. The line it produces for guidance is optional as well as functional. My game my choice.

Associate
At £50 to £80 they can shove it. Sad times when there are plenty happy to bend over and take one from microshaft. Apex is not well optimized either.

. . . and it's braking, not breaking ffs!

Last edited:
Soldato
Come a day we can back charge the download cost. Im lucky to have a 10 Meg a second download but those who don't can spend an age leaving the pc just to download. Still it's the way things are these days.

Associate
Come a day we can back charge the download cost. Im lucky to have a 10 Meg a second download but those who don't can spend an age leaving the pc just to download. Still it's the way things are these days.

I feel im lucky as i have optical/fibre connection with unlimited downloads.
Still,being old school i would prefer discs,but it is how it is nowadays

Soldato
A fast decent unlimited service is essential. There are many who disagree. Good Internet is essential as gas, electricity water & a good woman.

Back
Top Bottom