Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

V_R

V_R

Soldato

This is worth keeping an eye on actually, lots of decent tips etc. Far better than the official forums, which is full of children.

I might have to dust off my G25, haven't used it in years. Apparently its compatible.

That said, Horizon isn't a wheel game imo. Motorsport maybe but not Horizon.

Caporegime

Agreed

If people haven't played a Horizon game, they should be aware that even with all the assists off and manual shifting, this is more 'arcade' style handling than the more simulation skewed Forza 6/Apex.

And Forza 6's handling isn't exactly Assetto Corsa, is it?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Agreed

If people haven't played a Horizon game, they should be aware that even with all the assists off and manual shifting, this is more 'arcade' style handling than the more simulation skewed Forza 6/Apex.

And Forza 6's handling isn't exactly Assetto Corsa, is it?

All assists should be off!

Though I don't bother with manual with clutch, just plain old manual. Normal steering, sim is for wheels.

Although I do turn on TC with something like the F1 car in F6. Thats just too mental without.

Associate
With regard to barnfinds - Is anyone else hoping for a particular, black 73 model Ford Falcon;)

I prefer to find barns without spoilers tho ;)

Regarding AC and Forza handling (i have them both),Forza nailed it with being quite good simmy with lots of cars/tracks/upgrades etc.They totally diff games,even tho people like to compare them.Forza any day for me tho

Soldato
I prefer to find barns without spoilers tho ;)

Regarding AC and Forza handling (i have them both),Forza nailed it with being quite good simmy with lots of cars/tracks/upgrades etc.They totally diff games,even tho people like to compare them.Forza any day for me tho

Just a wild guess on my part. Although I do hope it's in the game:eek:

Soldato
OP
According to this thread

"Game unlocks at 12:01 AM EST globally for both PC and Xbox One"

Which is 5am over here.

I think I feel sick on Friday.

start laying the foundations later today VR ;)

spot on, using a wheel for this type of game is neither here nor there. It's a fun arcade racer at heart, a wheel wouldn't feel right anyway, and I'm not sure at this fast pace the feedback will be all that precise.

Last edited:
Associate
Well,at least i dont need feel sick,im the Boss :D
That being said,i might not feel ok for next few days after weekend :p
Sad part - 2.5 days to go :(

Associate
I am concerned about the windows 10 anniversary update. I have not been able to install it, so it looks like ill be formatting fri.

Maybe its someting to do with nvme drives. It just hangs on boot. Then when it boots no update has been installed.

Soldato
I am concerned about the windows 10 anniversary update. I have not been able to install it, so it looks like ill be formatting fri.

Maybe its someting to do with nvme drives. It just hangs on boot. Then when it boots no update has been installed.

I've heard many horror stories about the anniversary update but lucky for me it all went smoothly.

Hopefully you'll get it sorted in time for the weekend!

Soldato
OP

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Here's me thinking it 's Friday for everyone... was excited to purchase the deluxe then realised that only unlocks on Tuesday. Silly pre-order sillyness. Early access at a price? No thanks.

Soldato
Here's me thinking it 's Friday for everyone... was excited to purchase the deluxe then realised that only unlocks on Tuesday. Silly pre-order sillyness. Early access at a price? No thanks.

EXCATLY. Still loads will pay and wind us up till The 27th with screenshots. Regarding wheels though anything racer based is better with a wheel than a crappy game pad. I paid good money for my wheels and I'm going to damn well use them ;-p

Associate

You totally WRONG.
Early access is just free bonus with Ultimate-with Ultimate you getting everything,you not paying anything for early access.Same was with Forza 6,but nobody said "paying for early access".
You paying for VIP,for DLC's,for all stuff that comes with Ultimate,but not for early access-its just nice bonus that you getting Ultimate.
And this game is totally not for wheels (its not race track game like Forza istelf).But then again,its pointless to try to prove something here ;)

Ok 49gb, Can I change what drive FH3 installs on? my 120gb O/S drive doesn't have 50gb to spare :/

you can change - all you need to do is go in Settings,Storage,and then change drive in Save Locations

Last edited:
Associate
You totally WRONG.
Early access is just free bonus with Ultimate-with Ultimate you getting everything,you not paying anything for early access.Same was with Forza 6,but nobody said "paying for early access".
You paying for VIP,for DLC's,for all stuff that comes with Ultimate,but not for early access-its just nice bonus that you getting Ultimate.
And this game is totally not for wheels (its not race track game like Forza istelf).But then again,its pointless to try to prove something here ;)

you can change - all you need to do is go in Settings,Storage,and then change drive in Save Locations

You will not be able to install unless your OS drive has >60GB free. I'm in the same boat, OS drive has around 30GB free. Even when you tell it to install to a different drive, Windows Store will download it to your OS drive and then copy it across to the designated drive.

I set mine to preload and woke up to an error - failed to install. I'm going to have to clone my OS drive to a larger SSD in order to install the game.

Back
Top Bottom