Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

For those asking about the difference between versions:

Forza Horizon 3 Deluxe Edition (Digital Only)

Forza Horizon 3's Deluxe Edition is a minor step up from the standard edition, adding bonus content packs into the mix. For an additional $20 you'll be getting access to the VIP and Motorsport All-Stars packs, which collectively add fifteen new cars and a few additional pieces of exclusive content. Forza Horizon 3 Deluxe Edition is only available in digital form, unlike the other versions of the game.

Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition (Physical)

Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition brings together all of the game's content available at launch into a single package. This version of the game is the most complete Forza Horizon 3 experience, bundling together the base game, Motorsport All-Stars pack, VIP membership and Car Pass. By purchasing the physical version of the Ultimate Edition, the game also comes in a limited SteelBook case. While this version of the game contains all of the game's available content, you'll need to purchase a digital copy to take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere.

*[/COLOR]*******s-guide"]SOURCE

Almost double the price for Ultimate! No one seems to know if all cars are available by unlocking through playing the game.

Last edited:
Waiting for the "not enough fps and minor stuttering I want a refund" thread :-p
Well certain people spent extra to get the version that releases earlier. Obviously that's not the only benefit of that version, but I'm sure it influenced people's purchasing decision to some degree.

If the game is currently running quite inconsistent, then they are right to maybe want their money back.

I saw a lot of early impression reports of solid performance. Not super amazing, but totally in line with what I'd expect from a game that looks this good, is open world and is running some *mildly* advanced physics and destructability.

But now I'm seeing a lot more mixed performance impressions. Nobody seems to be confident of a locked 60fps throughout the entire map. This is......not completely awful so long as it can maintain a reasonably solid 60fps for most of the time, but it sounds like pretty much everybody is having some varying framerate issues at some place, the city being one of the big complaint areas.

This is always potentially an issue when it comes to games originally coded for a fixed hardware system for 30fps. Scaling to 60fps isn't always as straightforward as people think, and not always a case of just throwing more cycles at it. The interplay between CPU, memory and GPU and all the complexities of parallel processing and task management and whatnot is a bit of tightrope act combined with a juggling act when it comes to translating all the low level optimizing of fixed hardware coding with trying to support a wide variety of hardware configurations.

UWP was supposed to kind of be the 'answer' to this. Common low level DX12 API was meant to help alleviate the extra efforts required to 'port' the game to Windows PC, but it's clearly an imperfect process and seems to need more work than maybe the game devs(and designers of UWP) thought it would.

Also, on a final note, I'm almost universally seeing performance impressions from Nvidia users. Usually normal as most people use Nvidia, but I'd be really interested in hearing more from AMD users. This game should theoretically run much better on those cards, as pretty much every previous UWP release has so far, and for pretty obvious reasons. Not suggesting that's what's making the difference here, the reports are inconsistent even with people with similar setups, but I'd like to know what level of inconsistency or issues they are experiencing.

apparently game has a memory leak, restarting pc obviously fixes it.
This seems like a *potential* fix, but I'd wait before claiming that was definitely the issue.

Forza Apex could be wildly inconsistent with its hitches and stuttering issues. Sometimes restarting would 'fix' it, other times it would just mean it popped up at a different times. Sometimes it'd do nothing. And this is all from the same user, same hardware config and same settings(speaking from personal experience here).

Hell sometimes merely changing graphics settings would temporarily fix things, even turning *up* settings.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're facing the exact same issues here, but with an even more demanding game.

We must be careful. Reporting issues can potentially cause instabilities in customers waiting to play and the stress could institute a heart attack in those less than healthy. You've been warned ;-p

someone on the reddit reported stuttering on their nvidia card, appeared to be linked to some 3D setting being in eco mode rather than performance mode. solved all their problems apparently

This seems like a *potential* fix, but I'd wait before claiming that was definitely the issue.

Forza Apex could be wildly inconsistent with its hitches and stuttering issues. Sometimes restarting would 'fix' it, other times it would just mean it popped up at a different times. Sometimes it'd do nothing. And this is all from the same user, same hardware config and same settings(speaking from personal experience here).

Hell sometimes merely changing graphics settings would temporarily fix things, even turning *up* settings.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're facing the exact same issues here, but with an even more demanding game.

Never had a single issue with Apex. Game blow away my expectations.

in theory yes, though some people are reporting not in regions already past midnight. these reports are pretty low volume so assume people are getting in to the game on time.

Back
Top Bottom