Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Let it pick my settings and it's running sily smooth, looks pretty...very pretty

970GTX 16gig ram... 1st Gen i7 960 3.2Ghz.... you lot have nothing to worry about !!

Ah good! It is running OK then! :D

Cheeky plug I know but I'll be playing this for Extra Life - 24 hour gaming marathon next month! The thread about it is here and you can donate via that or clicking the picture in my signature! :)

Ugh I've done this first bit 100 times thanks to the XB1 demo lol.

Yeah running well here, couple of little stutters at first but its settled down now, running ultra with 4xMSAA not seen it drop below 60fps so far.

Looks 100 times better than the XB1 demo.

Happy days!

erm Gamertag is same as nick here, eekfek.

So far so good, looks real nice but letting the game pick my settings (mostly HIGH) it also set my resolution to 3820* :eek: which is why i started to experience slow down and muggyness(:confused:) .

Had a little play with the video settings and I'm roughly hitting 30-50 atm which is very playable.

Running poorly for me. Smooth and then it all slows down for a moment. Suspect its due to 8gb of RAM. Will have to buy some from PCWORLD on the way home from work tomorrow.

Running poorly for me. Smooth and then it all slows down for a moment. Suspect its due to 8gb of RAM. Will have to buy some from PCWORLD on the way home from work tomorrow.

8GB is actually below recommended specs (recommended specs say 12GB). I'd imagine that upping the RAM would result in much smoother experience for you.

OK. 1440p ultrawide here. Far Right side a line graphical glitches now and again. Ultra settings on a 1070, 4790K @4.5 ghz & 16 ram (game installed currently on spinning hard drive not ssd) Definitely frame dropping on occasions (a lot more than you'd like) Works wonderfully on a wheel (G27) I mean really great. Looks are stunning and the 40 min play I had its a winner. Will look at dailing back the settings a bit to see what difference it makes (60 htz monitor here). Great I can number plate my car 'wellibob' also my gamer tag. Will drop on the game tomorrow afternoon as need sleep. Enjoy those who can stay up but early impressions are very good and I'm hyper critical. Everything great apart from obvious frame dropping (drivers, settings.... not sure yet) Enjoy. It's gonna be a cracker . TallyHo ! Update info. I will run the game on my other system (4770k @4.4 Gtx 980, 16 gig 2400 ram G29). Will report on how it runs. Night.

Last edited:
Never had a single issue with Apex. Game blow away my expectations.
Yet myself and lots of others did.

Like I said - it was very inconsistent. Even between people with similar hardware setups. Looks like Horizon is shaping up to be similar. Whether you get good performance is almost a random draw.

We'll see. I'm glad I haven't bought it just yet, but I definitely want to so long as I can be confident that I can get a reasonably smooth experience. I dont mind paying the £50 for the game, but I do expect a quality experience for it.

Never had a single issue with Apex. Game blow away my expectations.

I got horrid stutter on Yas at night on Apex, all other tracks were fine. Oddly.

I've just tried turning off MSAA completely for a bit, (with everything else on ultra) and its buttery smooth - no stutter at all, maybe an update will tweak things.

Anyway, gotta work tomorrow, will have another good go again then.

Apex performs very strangely on my end - sometimes smooth, rock solid 60fps without a hitch but often it will stutter- mostly at Yas and Rio. No matter what graphics settings I select or change, the game does not really make good use of my gpu, even with framerate unlocked/vsync off.

This is the main reason I have held off buying Horizon so far. Another UWP game, Quantum Break ran like crap as I recall too.

I hadn't rebooted after installing the new driver. I've done so now and its running far smoother. It doesn't like driving into town though.

Back
Top Bottom