Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Well I've been playing it without any problems at all since Friday but last night I couldn't get it to load up at all.

W10 and fully updated. Pain in the arse. :(

I'm missing something here, put about 10 hours into this just unlocked the 3rd site and I'm getting bored, it seems like you do a few races, get some numbers in a bar and unlock another level at the main festival to which you don't notice any change but it unlocks more of the same races you've just completed. Seems really repetitive for £50.

I can't entirely get into it either but I've only played for about 2 hours. When I watched the trailers and the gameplays I thought "this must be the best driving game ever!" Loved the setting and all but now that I've actually tried it for myself, it doesn't feel all that amazing. The graphics aren't that brilliant except for the skies and car models, everything else looks very sterile. The map isn't that big either and doesn't feature as many interesting landmarks as I thought. I think Horizon 2 had a better setting. Photo mode looks great, though.

Sometimes, I can't even bond with the driving model. It doesn't feel exciting enough, like it's stuck between a very basic sim and arcade. I'm getting used to it, fortunately.

Not that I'm not having fun but so far the only really extraordinary things about this game are the number/variety of cars, the price, the grunt it needs to not drop below 60fps and the number of times I have to launch it hoping it starts without crashing at the splashscreen (usually about seven).

It's not a bad game, definitely above average, and I'm going to stick with it since I've wasted 70 quid on the Ultimate but it's my first and last purchase on Windows Store. Ridiculous pricing that's not backed up with a quality release. It's simply not a platform suited for gaming, just pushing PC games marred with inexcusable technical problems at console prices.

I can't entirely get into it either but I've only played for about 2 hours. When I watched the trailers and the gameplays I thought "this must be the best driving game ever!" Loved the setting and all but now that I've actually tried it for myself, it doesn't feel all that amazing. The graphics aren't that brilliant except for the skies and car models, everything else looks very sterile. The map isn't that big either and doesn't feature as many interesting landmarks as I thought. I think Horizon 2 had a better setting. Photo mode looks great, though.

Sometimes, I can't even bond with the driving model. It doesn't feel exciting enough, like it's stuck between a very basic sim and arcade. I'm getting used to it, fortunately.

Not that I'm not having fun but so far the only really extraordinary things about this game are the number/variety of cars, the price, the grunt it needs to not drop below 60fps and the number of times I have to launch it hoping it starts without crashing at the splashscreen (usually about seven).

It's not a bad game, definitely above average, and I'm going to stick with it since I've wasted 70 quid on the Ultimate but it's my first and last purchase on Windows Store. Ridiculous pricing that's not backed up with a quality release. It's simply not a platform suited for gaming, just pushing PC games marred with inexcusable technical problems at console prices.

The Windows Store point is a little stupid. If it came out on Steam and was £70 the game would be the same you know, if price is an issue wait for a reduction but even at £20 the game is still the same. The game is the issue for you not the delivery system or price.

The Windows Store point is a little stupid. If it came out on Steam and was £70 the game would be the same you know, if price is an issue wait for a reduction but even at £20 the game is still the same. The game is the issue for you not the delivery system or price.

It wouldn't. Windows Store is the problem. Look up Quantum Break and compare WS release with the Steam release. It's a bad, very closed platform with stupid restrictions that can create perfromance problems. I'm hardly the only person who thinks like that and I doubt there's more than a couple of people in the thread who wouldn't have preferred a Steam release.

EDIT: I bet quite a number of people will have issues with GoW 4 as well, you can quote me on that.

Last edited:
SP does get repetitive hence why I hope people will want to start playing online and having a laugh with some races against each other.

At the moment nobody seems to want to come online so presume people are just cracking on with SP content for now.

I'm far from bored yet as I'm yet to start properly but it's just that it doesn't feel as amazing as I hoped and maybe that's partially due to uneven performance and other technical issues. I hope it grows on me and they release some patches.

Is there a limit as to how many cars you can own? The choice is frankly quite overwhelming.

I accidentally hit the 30 fps option in settings without realising and have played FH3 for a whole day without even knowing. I obviously don't have fps counter on (stopped years ago as it was encouraging ocd) and is it me or does it even run any different to say 60fps with lock. Tried both back to back and to me it feels the same .. Odd. Other racers I notice right away if it's below 60. Hmm.

Weird, it felt like I was playing in slow motion when I tried 30 fps, takes quite a time to get used to it.
I now use 4k DSR instead of MSAAx2, similar performance but looks better.

What settings can I drop to make it run better in the city without sacrificing too much?

I accidentally hit the 30 fps option in settings without realising and have played FH3 for a whole day without even knowing. I obviously don't have fps counter on (stopped years ago as it was encouraging ocd) and is it me or does it even run any different to say 60fps with lock. Tried both back to back and to me it feels the same .. Odd. Other racers I notice right away if it's below 60. Hmm.

I've been playing at 40fps locked and it feels oddly good. Quite often I'm wondering if it's running at 60fps+ as it's so smooth but a quick glance to the corner and its sat at 38/39 :p

I think more memory might be in order, the game lags like crazy when there's a few other cars in sight - I possibly may be hitting VRAM limits as MSI AB shows my 970 as using 3.7/3.8GB of VRAM.

It wouldn't. Windows Store is the problem. Look up Quantum Break and compare WS release with the Steam release. It's a bad, very closed platform with stupid restrictions that can create perfromance problems. I'm hardly the only person who thinks like that and I doubt there's more than a couple of people in the thread who wouldn't have preferred a Steam release.

EDIT: I bet quite a number of people will have issues with GoW 4 as well, you can quote me on that.

Yes but the fact you find the game BORING will not change regardless of which platform you download the game from.

If as you say you are finding the game boring how will getting it on steam make it less boring or getting it at half the price less boring. that's right it won't.

You talk issues but every game has people with issues, be it steam or gog or Windows store. But not everyone has issues and those that don't won't agree but the game will still be boring if it's boring for you.

I didn't say it's boring, don't know where you got that from. I said it's not as amazing so far as I hoped it would be. I'm still getting into it but technical issues and the overall quality of the release sure do hamper my enjoyment, that's all.

Yes, I talk issues because this game has serious ones. It's the only game I've ever owned that has to be launched multiple times in hope that I'll get past the splashscreen and that requires disabling mics and AV software. Windows Store has special issues and I see quite a lot of people in this thread who have them too. Same happened with Quantum Break and Tomb Raider. Wait till Gears of War 4 releases.

Don't know where you get your theories from, seems you don't even bother reading my posts properly since you imply I've said the game's boring.

EDIT: And yes, price does play a part in it because if it wasn't so expensive I wouldn't be so miffed that it works like an early beta.

Last edited:
Just had a crash mid race and it really cheesed me off.

The thing that worries me is the time it takes for a patch to come out on the windows store games. It's been a week and no sign of it coming.

If this game isn't patched by Friday then I will have to hold off getting Gears 4.

It's not looking good. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom