Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Associate
Mine is just doing a 1.89GB download luckily, so yours does sound like an issue.

Microsoft are just the worst. Mine is also saying 60GB and I've confirmed I have the latest version of Windows 10.

You'd never get this with Steam.

Edit: There is no way I can free up 60GB of space on my SSD! The game is already taking up 60GB, I have 17GB free, and around 40GB of other games. UGH.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm looking forward to feedback from those who have issues and if they've been reduced/fixed with the update. :)

No change for me, still takes a couple of tries to get past the splashscreen and the stutters and drops in the city are still there. Not really disappointed, that's exactly what I was expecting:p If they released a patch that destroys Windows Store, it'd probably start running perfectly:D

Associate
Is yours saying 60GB when you pick a drive to install, or is it installing 60GB when the download starts after a while? It'll give a total downloaded/to download.

Just telling me I need to select a drive with 60GB. I can't get to the download, and therefore cannot play the game. Why don't they just pack it in and admit Steam is what everyone wants to use on PC.

Now I have to uninstall DiRT and at least 1 more game just to update this game :rolleyes:

Soldato
Only got that SSD as listed? assuming you're on the desktop.

After the update my xbox controller wasn't detected.. "press enter" stayed even when I tried xbox buttons.. please no.

Phew, replugging it helped.

Associate
I'm actually finding it more stuttery than prior to the patch. The core affinity trick used to take care of that, and although it still helps it's certainly worse for me than pre-patch. MSAA doesn't appear to be working properly now either.

Soldato
The lag/pausing in the upgrade menus is still persistant for me. Go to tires for example, scroll along.

You'll see what I mean. They MUST have seen that when they were testing surely??

Associate
So I found a way to force it to update even without 60GB of the drive free.

1. Open Windows Store and go to FH3 page.
2. Launch the game from the start menu.
3. When you press continue it says "Update required... etc."
4. Alt+F4 to close the game.*
5. Download begins in the store.

*It might also work if you press A to continue instead of Alt+F4, I just happened to do that.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine still had stuttering, a bit better but crashed to the desktop twice so just got a refund, don't want to wait and hope it gets sorted soon, shame as I quite liked it but for £50 not worth the hassle

Back
Top Bottom